Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-25-2012, 09:47 PM   #1
Rafalikezombies
Rafalikezombies began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Can't Update

So guys, i tried doing the screensaver hack without knowing it wouldn't work at KSO, but i did it the way in which you have to enter diags and so. As i said, it didn't work, so i didn't keep trying... but know i can't update my kindle, error u006, can you guys help me with this?

Last edited by Rafalikezombies; 06-25-2012 at 09:52 PM.
Rafalikezombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:06 PM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafalikezombies View Post
So guys, i tried doing the screensaver hack without knowing it wouldn't work at KSO, but i did it the way in which you have to enter diags and so. As i said, it didn't work, so i didn't keep trying... but know i can't update my kindle, error u006, can you guys help me with this?
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/K4_Index#Update_Fails
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2012, 10:25 PM   #3
Rafalikezombies

knc1, i saw this, but i have no ideia where this "data.tar.gz" is.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:50 PM   #4
Aleyst
Zealot
Aleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with others

Device: PW (7th Gen), PW (10th Gen)
Bottom of the first post from this thread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=169645
Aleyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 12:28 PM   #5
Rafalikezombies

So... I did what you told, put data.tar.gz and runme.sh in the root folder, rebooted my kindle, everything fine by then, but then i tried uptdating again and the error still happens... still U006
Advert
Old 06-26-2012, 12:34 PM   #6
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
deleted
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 12:36 PM   #7
Rafalikezombies

yep, deleted, then after deleting, only after deleting i've put the update file in it
Old 06-26-2012, 10:00 PM   #8
Aleyst
Zealot
Aleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with others

did you restart twice? with the files still on there? not the update file.

Also, try following this post from knc1
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...99&postcount=8

Last edited by Aleyst; 06-26-2012 at 10:06 PM.
Old 06-27-2012, 12:06 AM   #9
Rafalikezombies

yes... but still, nothing happened...
Old 06-27-2012, 01:11 AM   #10
Rafalikezombies

I don't know how, neither why, but after like, two thousand tries, i made it, thanks mobileread
Old 06-27-2012, 01:17 AM   #11
Aleyst
Zealot

That's good, well done
Old 07-19-2012, 02:06 PM   #12
aBP
aBP began at the beginning.

Device: K4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafalikezombies View Post
I am having this same problem. I can't update. I tried the RUNME_restore but after restarting multiple times, the runme is still there (not a runme.done) and a file called "FWUOupdate-14-1331440003-1615370055.bin.partdldtmp" was created. I am wondering if there is a way I can completely wipe my K4SO to get this to work.
>>Edit Also worth noting that my kindle doesn't have custom screensavers at the moment, but it did previously. I have special offers right now.

Last edited by aBP; 07-19-2012 at 02:23 PM.
aBP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 02:13 PM   #13
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by aBP View Post
I am having this same problem. I can't update. I tried the RUNME_restore but after restarting multiple times, the runme is still there (not a runme.done) and a file called "FWUOupdate-14-1331440003-1615370055.bin.partdldtmp" was created. I am wondering if there is a way I can completely wipe my K4SO to get this to work.
Your choice:
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/K4_Index#Update_Fails
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 02:49 PM   #14
aBP
aBP began at the beginning.

Device: K4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Thanks, as I stated before, I tried the RUNME_restore and it didn't work. I get the U006 error. I just tried the manual way using putty and I ran into some errors. (When running this command "mount /dev/mmcblk0p1 /mnt/mmc-base" it says that mmc-base does not exist) but I kept on doing the rest of the commands, even if they showed an error. And of course, the update still didn't work :/
aBP is offline   Reply With Quote