Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-19-2008, 11:02 PM   #1
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Happy 1st Anniversary Amazon Kindle!

Woo hoo! Introduced to the public one year ago today. Though we look forward to your little brother or sister next year, we will still always love you (and about those who don't, don't worry, they're just poopyheads ).

The Amazon Kindle Review posted a fun little timeline a couple of days ago. The blog author notes the Kindle was sold out this time last year and here we are again, out of stock, with a 2-3 week wait (at least it's not months this time).

Happy Anniversary Kindle!
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 11:10 PM   #2
Boston
Fanatic
Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Aura H20, Pixel XL
Thanks for the link..interesting year for sure! Amazon is actually now showing a 3-4 week wait on the Kindle page.

Last edited by Boston; 11-19-2008 at 11:13 PM.
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 11:13 PM   #3
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

More popular by the minute!
Old 11-20-2008, 07:26 AM   #4
geko29
geko29 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Happy birthday little buddy. Mine's a month old today, but he can celebrate with the older sibs.
geko29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 07:37 AM   #5
jams1fan
Kindled
jams1fan is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle, Treo 700p
One of the best purchases I have EVER made.
jams1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 07:50 AM   #6
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
Happy Anniversary Duck!
You know the traditional gift is Paper I hope you are not getting a print book!
JJ
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 07:51 AM   #7
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryleejr View Post
Happy Anniversary Duck!
JJ
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 08:43 AM   #8
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Woo hoo! Introduced to the public one year ago today. Though we look forward to your little brother or sister next year, we will still always love you (and about those who don't, don't worry, they're just poopyheads ).

The Amazon Kindle Review posted a fun little timeline a couple of days ago. The blog author notes the Kindle was sold out this time last year and here we are again, out of stock, with a 2-3 week wait (at least it's not months this time).

Happy Anniversary Kindle!
This time its Oprahs fault!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 08:48 AM   #9
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryleejr View Post
Happy Anniversary Duck!
JJ
Silly Kinny!
Old 11-20-2008, 08:55 AM   #10
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
I love my Kindle (named Batman) and have it with me everywhere. My credit card suffers...
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 10:42 AM   #11
honeybunny
Connoisseur
honeybunny has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle 2 GSM
I don't know what I would do without my Kindle! I have had hours of enjoyment and no trouble at all. In fact I have not been in this forum in FOREVER because the Kindle has just been so easy to use that I haven't really needed any help!
honeybunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 01:31 PM   #12
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
This time its Oprahs fault!
"Fault" makes it sound like a bad thing. More Kindle sales can only be a good thing for Kindle owners and the future of ebooks.

Perhaps Oprah is responsible for this run on Kindles.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 02:39 PM   #13
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
"Fault" makes it sound like a bad thing. More Kindle sales can only be a good thing for Kindle owners and the future of ebooks.

Perhaps Oprah is responsible for this run on Kindles.

BOb
Thats what I meant. Because of her 'infomercial', sales have jumped, and caused a temporary shortage
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 06:21 PM   #14
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
And she provided a $50 coupon just at the time people were looking for Christmas presents. Yup -- a temporary shortage makes perfect sense.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 11:53 PM   #15
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Here's a great story from the Amazon Forums today. This isn't the first post I've seen on how life changing the Kindle has been for some people. Way to go!

Quote:
Robert J. Bacon says:
Annie Bacon

Dear Mr. Bezos,

I recently received an Amazon Kindle for an early Christmas present and need to give you a little background to explain why this is such a special gift.

Two years ago, I suffered a massive stroke which left me partially paralyzed on my left side. Reading, one of my true pleasures became difficult for two reasons. First, to turn the page of a book with one hand while holding it in that same hand is difficult and cumbersome. Second, I lost most of my left side peripheral vision from the stroke. The Kindle, in its elegant format, allows me to easily turn the page with little effort while holding it in my strong hand. In addition, with the ability to enlarge the type, it is exponentially easier to see the left margin words. By the design I naturally look far enough to the left to catch the whole sentence. The Amazon Kindle has restored my passion for reading.

Over 450,000 Americans suffer a stroke every year and you may have a market you did not know about. Stroke is little understood and recovery terribly underestimated. Your product is incredible. I wanted to personally thank you for this

Sincerely,

Annie Bacon

PS - My mother-in-law and sister-in-law are fully functional and love theirs too!