Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 06-24-2010, 11:41 AM   #1
LevAizik
LevAizik is on a distinguished road

Device: none
Problem with Hebrew Epub file

I bought ebook in Hebrew (Epub) and transferred it to Pocketbook 301 (Firmware 15.2). Pocketbook opens the file, but the text disoriented (backwards). Adobe digital Edition does the same problem, but FBReader works great. How can I solve this problem? The site I bought the ebook from (mendele.co.il) claim they tested their files and they work on Pocketbook.
LevAizik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 07:13 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Mobile Adobe Digital Editions does not support right to left languages, so this ePub won't work on any ADE-based reader.

You can open the ePub with FBReader on your 301, from Tips and tricks for PocketBook:
Quote:
7. There are several file formats that you can open using more than one application. If you do not like how the e-pub is displayed in the default application simply hold OK button in library, when you are on the book and select <open with> menu
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2010, 03:55 AM   #3
yarongolds
yarongolds began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
PocketBook DOES read Hebrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevAizik View Post
I bought ebook in Hebrew (Epub) and transferred it to Pocketbook 301 (Firmware 15.2). Pocketbook opens the file, but the text disoriented (backwards). Adobe digital Edition does the same problem, but FBReader works great. How can I solve this problem? The site I bought the ebook from (mendele.co.il) claim they tested their files and they work on Pocketbook.
In order to read Hebrew ePub files from http://mendele.co.il on PocketBook devices, you need to click and hold the book name until a menu appears, select "Open With..." from the menu and select "FBReader". FBReader reads Hebrew ePubs correctly.
Abobe ADE, as well as Sony devices do not support RTL (Right To Left). We have asked Adobe to fix that (it appears to us as a small fix) but it is not even in their road-map. Right now we have tested and verified the following to support Hebrew ePub files: Stanza on iPhone, iPad, iPod-Touch ; iBooks on iPad and iOS4 ; FBReader on PocketBook 360, 301, 302 ; eVrit (a Qisda based device sold in Israel) ; FBReader on Windows and Linux ; EPUBReader Add-On to FireFox on all platforms.
You are welcome to more details in our site or send questions to support@mendele.co.il
BTW: Adobe ADE does not even access the Hebrew fonts present in the system (neither in the PocketBook nor on a Mac/Windows) you would normally see question marks instead of Hebrew characters. However, the ePub files coming from us include embedded DejaVu Hebrew fonts to cover for such cases.
yarongolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 12:29 PM   #4
oren
oren began at the beginning.

Device: iphone
Hi,
Are there any news regarding FBReader and Hebrew ?
My EPUB file loads well but and the letters' order is also good. The problem is that the words are going from left to right.
oren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 11:31 PM   #5
J.C.
Addict
J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: ONYX BOOX Note Air3 C
If I recall correctly there is an FBreader configuration option for reading direction, if you could check and let us know if you can't find it .
J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert