Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 05-01-2010, 07:15 AM   #1
bokjeid
Addict
bokjeid began at the beginning.

Device: DR1000S
PDF page loading is too slow.. How can I improve it?

When I turn to next page reading PDF documents, sometimes the loading time is too long - about 2~5 seconds? It is different case by case.
How can we shorten the PDF page loading time?
I can't bear it really.. Please help me!!
bokjeid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 03:35 PM   #2
SplogSplog
Connoisseur
SplogSplog has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.SplogSplog has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.SplogSplog has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.SplogSplog has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Irex DR1000S
I have had similar problem with a very small number of PDFs. In the beta 2.0 release, most documents turn in a second, but I have a few that are taking between 5 and 10 seconds per page turn. iRex staff asked me to send them a sample document a week or two ago, which I did, and they said they have repeated the problem and are investigating a solution. So, all you can do is wait for the official release of 2.0 of the software from iRex, and see if they have been successful with the speed-up.
SplogSplog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2010, 08:51 PM   #3
bokjeid
Addict

Thank you very much for your reply

I'm somewhat relieved to hear that. I also hope it would be fixed next firmware upgrade!
Old 05-03-2010, 05:59 PM   #4
bokjeid
Addict

In my case, it seems relevent with the type of PDF compression for monochrome images - JBIG2, ZIP, CCITT, Run Length or so. For instance, I changed it to ZIP then the loading time of the 'problematic PDF file' became normal. But it's not so convenient solution. It seems that a problem of PDF uncompression time caused the loading time to be so long for some PDF files.

Last edited by bokjeid; 05-03-2010 at 06:13 PM.