Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 05-14-2007, 02:40 PM   #31
roncri
Enthusiast
roncri began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96
A quick heads-up. We've started the process to purchase our sample/evaluation units. Now it's a matter of 'hurry up and wait' until we get them into our hands and can give a complete review.

Derek (NAEB LLC)
I thought you were supposed to have the unit on or around the 15th (tommorrow). Exactly how long is the "process to purchase our sample/evaluation units" now supposed to take? Any realistic chance of you having a sample unit in May?
roncri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 03:48 PM   #32
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
If I recall correctly, they expected to be able to order them on or around the 15th, but I think that clarification was actually over in the Baen forum ....
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-14-2007, 09:38 PM   #33
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
I was under the impression we would have our sample units shortly after the 15th. Sadly, that is not to be. But it *WILL* happen this month...

If any of you are getting frustrated, please understand I am as well. The sooner I get my hands on one, the sooner I can tell you about it - and start sparing *my* eyes from the strain of my pda. ;-)

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 05:33 PM   #34
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
any news on those samples?
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 05:56 PM   #35
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

None. (By that I mean I'm *STILL* waiting for my sample units.) But there may be technical changes that may have accounted for the delay.

We still hope to have our grubby hands on them shortly. Until we do, I've not been willing to post further.

Derek
Advert
Old 06-13-2007, 10:35 PM   #36
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Hang in there. Surely the day will come!...
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 08:21 AM   #37
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
If Bookeen put up pictures on their revamped site, you guys must be on the verge of getting your readers!
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 12:16 PM   #38
delphidb96
Wizard

Bookeen's new site

We would like to think we're close. But then, we're *still* waiting for our evaluation units...
Old 06-14-2007, 12:29 PM   #39
rjnagle
Zealot
rjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it is

Device: ipad 1, Nook Simple Touch, Kindle 3, ebookwise 1150
still waitiing

without trying to be flip, let me ask:

If it's taking those guys so long to provide an evaluation unit, what does this say about its ability to produce enough to sell?
rjnagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 12:59 PM   #40
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

They're the source for the STAReBOOK too, rjnagle, and they have history of successful manufacturing with past Cybook models, so I think those would also have to be considered in the question of their ability to deliver.
Old 06-14-2007, 02:41 PM   #41
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
And the STAReBOOK has also been slow with the updates lately. Maybe there's some kind of problem at Bookeen.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 03:41 PM   #42
NatCh
Gizmologist

Or it could be a reaction to knowing that a second Bookeen model was imminent, which I guess amounts to the same thing.
Old 06-15-2007, 09:24 AM   #43
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
When I corresponded with Mr Dahan of Bookeen about the group purchase we were planning I was left with the distinct impression that most software features would be done by Bookeen people and not by the device manufacturers. Of course I may have wrongly interpreted what I read.

Maybe there is basic software that came with the device and all the rest from Bookeen.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 01:49 PM   #44
delphidb96
Wizard

Still waiting.

Just wanted to touch base and let you all know that we're still in 'waiting' mode. Shouldn't be too much longer.

Derek
Old 07-10-2007, 12:46 PM   #45
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You could always buy a Sony Reader .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote