Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 10:24 AM   #31
Samhain77
Samhain77 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony PRS-300
Quote:
Originally Posted by kartu View Post
Samhain77
Nice. Italian for Italian is "Italiano", right?

PS

Oh, great!
Don't forget to post amended translations.
Sure, it's "Italiano"!

I'll post new files as I'll correct them...
Old 09-07-2010, 05:22 PM   #32
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, 505, 600, 650, 950
2.0.1preview is out, added Italian localization (translated by Samhain77), support for 18160 and fixed minor glitches.

Since most problems are caused by internal memory file system glitches RECOMMENDED WAY to install is to remove all stuff from internal memory, format it (from the reader, not from PC), install PRS+, delete installer, reboot.

Last edited by kartu; 09-07-2010 at 05:27 PM.
Advert
Old 09-08-2010, 07:53 AM   #33
Samhain77
Samhain77 has learned how to buy an e-book online

New Italian localization files are attached. I can't test all options I translated because some are only for 505.... So I think this is the best I cando at the moment!!
Attached Files
File Type: zip PRS Italian LOC.zip (9.2 KB, 163 views)
Old 09-08-2010, 08:20 AM   #34
Henrik
Henrik began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-300
Hi. Just bought myself a PRS-300 and thought that I might contribute with a Swedish localization. I could also do a danish (been living in Denmark for 3,5 years now) but would need a native speaker to do some proofreading. Shouldn't be too hard to make a norwegian version from the danish one either.
Old 09-08-2010, 08:28 AM   #35
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Guys as far as installer translation goes, there is simply no more space for more languages without changing menu system of the installer, and I don't know when I'll have time to change it, it's really low prio on the list.

For PRS+ itself, there is no limitation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samhain77 View Post
New Italian localization files are attached. I can't test all options I translated because some are only for 505.... So I think this is the best I cando at the moment!!
Great, I'll include it in the next release. (remind me, if I don't )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik View Post
Hi. Just bought myself a PRS-300 and thought that I might contribute with a Swedish localization. I could also do a danish (been living in Denmark for 3,5 years now) but would need a native speaker to do some proofreading. Shouldn't be too hard to make a norwegian version from the danish one either.
I'd include everything you'd find time to translate. In this post I've mentioned what needs to be translated.
Advert
Old 09-09-2010, 12:36 PM   #36
Henrik

Ok, so I have done some swedish translation. Now the question is how to put the files onto the device so that I can test formatting etc.
Old 09-09-2010, 01:44 PM   #37
kartu
PRS+ author

Henrik
Well, it's a bit tricky. To test assets.xml do the following:

in /database/system/PRSPlus folder (create it if it doesn't exist, path is case sensitive) create file prsp.sh with the following content (EOLs should be unix style):

Code:
cp /Data/assets.xml /tmp
mount --bind /tmp/assets.xml /opt/sony/ebook/application/resources/scripts/languages/en/assets.xml
This would effectively replace English translation, with assets.xml that you'd put into root of internal memory. You'll need to reboot the reader every time you change the file.

You could test js file the same way. The path to English.js is:
/opt/sony/ebook/application/resources/prsp/lang/English.js

PS
Oh, if reader hangs during reboot, it means that you've done something wrong in prsp.sh. Reset it and quickly connect to USB, PRS+ won't start and you'll be able to fix/delete prsp.sh

Last edited by kartu; 09-13-2010 at 09:26 AM.
Old 09-09-2010, 05:43 PM   #38
Henrik

Sorry kartu, but can't seem to get it to work. Nothing happens. I turn the device off in advanced settings and then start it again. Hope this is the correct method.

Sure it'll work on the latest preview version of the 300? Is the code entirely correct as written? I'm a newbie to scripts, but I did make sure that the line breaks were unix-styled. Double checked the path. Doing it on OS X 10.6 and have tried several text editors as well as chmod command in the terminal. Nothing works.

H
Old 09-09-2010, 06:27 PM   #39
kartu
PRS+ author

Henrik
There was an error in sample above "/Data/assets/xml " should be "/Data/assets.xml " (dot instead of slash)

To see if script is started at all, add:
echo "Hello World">>/Data/hello.log

It should create hello.log file in the root of the internal memory.
Old 09-10-2010, 06:58 PM   #40
minox.b
minox.b began at the beginning.

Hi Kartu,

I installed 2.0.1. The installation went well without problem. But when I try to install the .dic file to for the dictionary. Something weird happened. After installing the file, the dictionary function could be enabled. Dictionary can be called. BUT, once the dictionary is called. The e-reader is completely frozen, needs to get a reset.

I double checked many times. Still same result. Then I tried to reinstall PRS+, but found that there is no way to re-install it. so i (stupidly?) did a force installation. Not only it didn't solve the problem. Now I can't even browse the .dic file from "browse folders" function. The file is there, but it doesn't show up on the reader. and the reader seems to function awkwardly, sometimes very slow.

Is there a way to re-do everything and do a clean installation? my firmware is 1.0.00.24180
Old 09-10-2010, 07:01 PM   #41
minox.b

arrr...

actually something even worse happened now. When i click "continue reading" it says "invalid page!" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-11-2010, 03:23 AM   #42
kartu
PRS+ author

minox.b
The problem is with the file system on internal memory, firmware is fine and there is no point to reinstall it. IM often gets out of sync with modifications done from PC (some sort of caching or simply bugs)

Just remove your stuff from IM, format it, reboot (after reboot, check if there still is any stuff on it, if yes, format again and reboot) and everything should work.

As a rule of thumb, try to avoid modifying files on IM, the somewhat reliable way that I've found was to rename old file to something, then create new one with updated content.

Last edited by kartu; 09-11-2010 at 03:37 AM.
Old 09-11-2010, 08:03 AM   #43
minox.b

Thanks Kartu. Do you mean format it through the device "advanced setting" menu?
Not formatting it through my computer, right?
I will try and let you know!
Old 09-11-2010, 02:13 PM   #44
kartu
PRS+ author

Quote:
Originally Posted by minox.b View Post
Thanks Kartu. Do you mean format it through the device "advanced setting" menu?
Not formatting it through my computer, right?
I will try and let you know!
From computer. From device could also work.
Old 09-11-2010, 06:40 PM   #45
minox.b

Thanks Kartu,
even after reformating. still cannot get dictionary to work. can browse the .dic file. can launch "DictioLauncher", but all buttons frozen after than. need to reset.

besides, I think i messed up Fsk and Root partition when I did forced installation without backup yesterday. Is there a way to get back to the original Fsk and Root?

I followed here but the download files are missing...
Closed Thread