Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-01-2007, 12:18 PM   #16
nerys
Addict
nerys began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 500 - REB 1200
Does not work well HarryT because the only way to know what the reader will "call" the file is to load it on the reader at which point I am not so inclined to go "back" to the computer to put the mem card in a reader to rename them :-) either way an on device delete would be very nice :-) it would make it really clear when its time to "load more books" onto the reader :-) I tend to read a lot and quickly. I can read an average 400-600 page paperback in 1-2 days. sometimes I will go a straight 7-10 hours and read it start to finish :-)

Is it critical? well no most features are never "needed" they are desired :-) I and others "desire" this feature.
nerys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 12:20 PM   #17
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerys View Post
Does not work well HarryT because the only way to know what the reader will "call" the file is to load it on the reader
You can open the file in Connect Reader and see what it's called. If it's an LRF file, just double click it in Explorer; if it's some other format, manually navigate to it in Connect and open it.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2007, 12:37 PM   #18
nerys
Addict

I do not have the sony software installed. Its one of the reasons I bought the reader. ie No mandatory software I just drop my files on my memory card and run :-) Sorry forgot to mention that :-)

I have this feature on my Zen Vision and its great. I delete each podcast or movie or TV show after I watch it. This makes my list smaller and eliminates playing one again (wasting precious juice) while less an issue on the reader (ie not very muh juice is wasted opening an already read book) its a time waster and just neater and easier to delete when done.

An analogy would be if you had carry 5 books with you and when you were done one book you could not put it down or back in your bag you had to keep it in your hands. Not a perfect analogy but will do. Imagine if when done your book it could "poof" vanish and teleport itself back to your bookshelf. Deleting lets me do that :-)
Old 09-01-2007, 12:41 PM   #19
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Oh, OK. No, you didn't mention that . Even if you don't use "Connect" to transfer files to the Reader it's still worth installing, because it provides an extremely nice "reader" for LRF files on the PC.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 04:29 AM   #20
obelix
Connoisseur
obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

The book can be deleted from the Reader with the patch implemented in May by Shade (probably you know him as an author of the clock patch). Sorry, this post is in Russian:http://www.the-ebook.org/forum/viewt...?p=83130#83130

I think you can easily understand how to apply the patch if you are familiar with igorsk's universal flasher (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10900).

Briefly:
1. It can delete book from the reader's memory if there are no collections.
2. From the book, go to Utilities, press "mark", and you will be prompted to delete the book with the "size" button.

http://ifolder.ru/2140673 - the file you need to unpack (including subfolders) to the flasher by igorsk; then follow his instructions (see https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10900)

I'm happy user of this feature for 3 month (along with the clock, joystick and uniform fonts).

DANGEROUS HACK! DO NOT USE!

Last edited by JSWolf; 09-05-2007 at 11:28 AM. Reason: warning because this hack could cause unknown problems
obelix is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2007, 08:15 PM   #21
nerys
Addict

I don;t use LRF files either ? what format is that or is that the custom format of the book?

Will this hack allow deletion from memory card ? (I do not use the internal memory either :-)

Thanks!
Old 09-03-2007, 09:32 PM   #22
mdhuang
Bookworm
mdhuang doesn't littermdhuang doesn't litter

Device: Sony CLIE NX80V, PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by obelix View Post
The book can be deleted from the Reader with the patch implemented in May by Shade (probably you know him as an author of the clock patch). Sorry, this post is in Russian:http://www.the-ebook.org/forum/viewt...?p=83130#83130

I think you can easily understand how to apply the patch if you are familiar with igorsk's universal flasher (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10900).

Briefly:
1. It can delete book from the reader's memory if there are no collections.
2. From the book, go to Utilities, press "mark", and you will be prompted to delete the book with the "size" button.

http://ifolder.ru/2140673 - the file you need to unpack (including subfolders) to the flasher by igorsk; then follow his instructions (see https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10900)

I'm happy user of this feature for 3 month (along with the clock, joystick and uniform fonts).
Good info! However, the file link doesn't seem to work. Obelix, could you upload the file here? Thanks.
mdhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 03:03 PM   #23
obelix
Connoisseur
obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Quote:
I don;t use LRF files either ? what format is that or is that the custom format of the book?

Will this hack allow deletion from memory card ? (I do not use the internal memory either :-)

Thanks!
I think both are Ok but never tried, I'll check today in the evening and let you know.

Quote:
Good info! However, the file link doesn't seem to work. Obelix, could you upload the file here? Thanks.
Here it is:

DANGEROUS HACK! DO NOT USE!
Attached Files
File Type: zip delbooks.zip (8.6 KB, 343 views)

Last edited by JSWolf; 09-05-2007 at 11:29 AM. Reason: Wanring! Might cause your reader some unknown issue.
Old 09-04-2007, 04:40 PM   #24
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
What happens if you have books in collections when you go to delete a book?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 04:43 PM   #25
flamaest
Groupie
flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-500
I agree, if you could add "delbooks" to your hackbuilder, that would be amazing!!

F.
flamaest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 04:51 PM   #26
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamaest View Post
I agree, if you could add "delbooks" to your hackbuilder, that would be amazing!!

F.
If it doesn't work with collections, then it's useless.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 06:43 PM   #27
nerys
Addict

useless to you :-) for those of us who can not use collections (requires connect software and usage of internal memory which also requires connect software) then compatibility with collections is irrelevant :-)

BTW whats with the pac book is that what your currently reading?
Old 09-04-2007, 06:46 PM   #28
obelix
Connoisseur

Quote:

Thanks!
Just checked. It does work with both SD and internal memory and for any format (rtf, txt, lrf, pdf), except pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf
If it doesn't work with collections, then it's useless.
It does not. Nevertheless it's usefull for those who do not use collections (like me).

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf
What happens if you have books in collections when you go to delete a book?
According to author (I never tried), if the book is in collection, there will be some endless loop in processing (finding the book)

Last edited by obelix; 09-04-2007 at 07:17 PM.
Old 09-05-2007, 03:22 AM   #29
flumbo
I got nothin...
flumbo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.flumbo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.flumbo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.flumbo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
I agree with Bob's #1 reason on everything except the silly part. IMHO it is NOT silly. Because when you get older and can't remember the book's name, you may end up starting to re-read the same book again. But then, that's just me.
I've done worse. I actually accidentally bought a book on Connect that I had also bought on ereader a year earlier. I thought it seemed familiar, but didn't figure it out for about 300 pages...

I've also started accidentally re-reading books again on the reader, so I agree with you there.
flumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 05:04 AM   #30
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by obelix View Post
I think both are Ok but never tried, I'll check today in the evening and let you know.
Great hack, works as advertised! This one should be made more prominent for I am sure a lot of people would love the ability to directly delete books on the Reader.
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote