Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 01-12-2015, 11:47 AM   #1
Kimberh
Kimberh began at the beginning.

Device: generic ereader
dictionary lookup?

Hi, Do I or can I add a dictionary lookup to my epub books?

I could have swore I saw that feature but can't find it again.

Thanks
Kimberh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 11:59 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Select a word with your mouse and right click to look it up in a dictionary
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2015, 04:45 PM   #3
Kimberh

Hi, that isn't want I meant. Let's see if I can explain this better. I wanted to know if I needed to add dictionary links in the epub before giving to other to read. Or does their reader auto have the dictionary in it.

I thought I saw a setting in calibre where I could add dictionary's to the epub before putting it on my web site.

Thanks
Old 01-12-2015, 05:20 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberh View Post
Hi, that isn't want I meant. Let's see if I can explain this better. I wanted to know if I needed to add dictionary links in the epub before giving to other to read. Or does their reader auto have the dictionary in it.

I thought I saw a setting in calibre where I could add dictionary's to the epub before putting it on my web site.

Thanks
@Kimberh - I suspect your thinking of the calibre book-reader - you can configure which dictionaries it uses, defaults to wordnik. Some (most ?) readers carry a built-in dictionary.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 06:43 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberh View Post

Thanks
So have dicts, some don't.
You do not do anything.
Dicts also only work on text, not images (of words)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2015, 11:42 AM   #6
Kimberh

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
So have dicts, some don't.
You do not do anything.
Dicts also only work on text, not images (of words)
thanks