Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-14-2014, 01:03 PM   #16
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
It all depends on the user and when and where they read. For myself, I read outdoors probably almost as much as I read indoors in all weather, and at night as often as day. While reading indoors at night isn't a problem, reading outdoors at night is. Without a light, it's impossible. Reading on our subways and trains even in dark gloomy weather can require a bit of extra light. And then there's the power failures where my lighted reader saved my sanity while being able to do nothing in the dark except read.

So for myself, I definitely need a light at least 50% of the time. And a built-in front light is definitely much more convenient and less expensive than toting around an extra light and batteries.

It's good to have choices so everyone can have what suits them best.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 01:29 PM   #17
Rps
Grammar and Grandpa!
Rps can read with one handRps can read with one handRps can read with one handRps can read with one handRps can read with one handRps can read with one handRps can read with one handRps can read with one handRps can read with one handRps can read with one handRps can read with one hand

Device: Kobo Aura HD, iPad Air
I bought one of the first Sony ereaders, my daughter has it now. It had sad card slots, could fire photos and music. Was in the Sony store at Ste. Roy Quebec yesterday and they had a wall full of ereaders for $99 each. Wanted to get one but am still thinking of the Kobo Aura.
Rps is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2014, 12:16 PM   #18
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
It is interesting that people point to the front light. Sony had the very first unit with a front light. Admittedly is was a bit primitive by todays standard. It may have been the failure of that device to sell well that caused Sony to miss the current rush toward these kinds of devices. Although there are still plenty of people who have no need for a built-in light.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote