Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-06-2013, 12:39 PM   #1
uh169
uh169 can extract oil from cheeseuh169 can extract oil from cheeseuh169 can extract oil from cheeseuh169 can extract oil from cheeseuh169 can extract oil from cheeseuh169 can extract oil from cheeseuh169 can extract oil from cheeseuh169 can extract oil from cheese

Device: kindle paperwhite
Paperwhite --- manufacturing defect?

Hello, I'm new on this forum so I greet all and I congratulate you on how you can help to keep it alive.
I need a confrontation with those who own a Kindle Paperwhite wifi (not 3G),
I use it for a week and I just realized that holding it with two hands (inch black border on the front) and putting pressure on the back shell with the fingertips (just above the inscription in faded gray "Amazon"), the same flexes slightly towards the inside of the shell (a few mm), as if there was a small space ...
I have not found the same fault with a complaint in the store, but that 'it was the 3G version.
I politely need someone that already 'owns it can compare with it.
Thank you.
uh169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:12 PM   #2
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I don't notice anything like that on mine.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-06-2013, 01:27 PM   #3
pepe_alter_ego
Zealot
pepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Kindle Paperwhite 1 (Wi-Fi)
I confirm that small "empty space" inside (i.e. I get the same behaviour).

Last edited by pepe_alter_ego; 05-06-2013 at 01:46 PM.
pepe_alter_ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 02:10 PM   #4
uh169
uh169 can extract oil from cheeseuh169 can extract oil from cheeseuh169 can extract oil from cheeseuh169 can extract oil from cheeseuh169 can extract oil from cheeseuh169 can extract oil from cheeseuh169 can extract oil from cheeseuh169 can extract oil from cheese

Thanks for the answers... at the moment 1 to 1 . I'm waiting for someone else to findout if it's normal or not...
Old 05-06-2013, 02:16 PM   #5
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe_alter_ego View Post
I confirm that small "empty space" inside (i.e. I get the same behaviour).
I get clicky sound on mine when I try to clean the top corners around the screen. So there must be some space in there.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-06-2013, 02:36 PM   #6
pepe_alter_ego
Zealot
pepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Kindle Paperwhite 1 (Wi-Fi)
I don't get any "clicky sounds" when I press any corners.
I can feel the "empty space" inside when I press the back shell anywhere between the grey "amazon" label and the middle of the back shell).

Last edited by pepe_alter_ego; 05-06-2013 at 02:43 PM.
pepe_alter_ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 02:41 PM   #7
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe_alter_ego View Post
I don't get any "clicky sounds" when I press any corners.
I can feel the "empty space" inside when I press the back shell anywhere between the grey "amazon" sign and the middle of the height).
No you don't press the corners it happens when I am cleaning the screen corners pressing again the bezel.
Old 05-06-2013, 02:50 PM   #8
uh169

So, the only problem you have is with corners and don't you experience empity space under back shall?
Old 05-06-2013, 02:58 PM   #9
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh169 View Post
So, the only problem you have is with corners and don't you experience empity space under back shall?
Don't know my PW is in a official case so I can't press the back.
Old 05-06-2013, 03:20 PM   #10
uh169

Yea its a good solution.. i will do the same ;-)
Old 05-07-2013, 04:51 PM   #11
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
here's what the insides look like.

See your potential space anywhere??
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_497.png
Views:	330
Size:	562.8 KB
ID:	105550  
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:30 PM   #12
uh169

Not at all, i think the problem is in the shell not what is under it. Do you experience same imperfection?
Old 05-08-2013, 03:10 PM   #13
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Nah, and I have pushed all around on the back as I fully intend to cut a hole in the back of mine...
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote