Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-09-2012, 03:08 PM   #1
Ginnia
Connoisseur
Ginnia began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Calibre Wish List

How difficult would it be to allow more than one device to be attached to Calibre? I have both a Kindle Keyboard and Fire, and would like to have both set as valid devices all the time, then whichever one is physically attached, or the first one to be physically attached to my PC would be the one Calibre recognizes --

Not really a biggie, but would sure be more convenient...

Thx,

Ginny
Ginnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 03:24 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
That is how Calibre already works. The only restriction is that you cannot have multiple devices connected via USB simultaneously.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2012, 05:51 PM   #3
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Yes, you just plug 'em in and let them introduce themselves !

( You have to ensure they're all compatible, naturally... both those are, I think )
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 08:19 PM   #4
Ginnia
Connoisseur

When you run the Calibre Setup Wizard, you have to choose your e-book device, and for Amazon, it's EITHER Kindle 1-4, Touch OR Kindle Fire, but NOT both. If I have selected Kindle Fire, when I plug in the KK, it is not recognized by Calibre.

How do I set it up to recognize either without having to change it in the SetUp Wizard?

Thx, Ginny
Old 02-09-2012, 08:31 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginnia View Post
When you run the Calibre Setup Wizard, you have to choose your e-book device, and for Amazon, it's EITHER Kindle 1-4, Touch OR Kindle Fire, but NOT both. If I have selected Kindle Fire, when I plug in the KK, it is not recognized by Calibre.

How do I set it up to recognize either without having to change it in the SetUp Wizard?

Thx, Ginny
That setting is only used for formatting News and comics.
Since both readers have near the same screen real estate, I would not worry.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2012, 01:04 PM   #6
Ginnia
Connoisseur

You are SO right!! Thanks. I've been going into setup and changing that setting everytime I wanted to use the other device.

Guess I didn't understand what that was for..

Ginny