Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 08-29-2014, 05:55 AM   #1
Mesutargie
Mesutargie has learned how to read e-booksMesutargie has learned how to read e-booksMesutargie has learned how to read e-booksMesutargie has learned how to read e-booksMesutargie has learned how to read e-booksMesutargie has learned how to read e-booksMesutargie has learned how to read e-books

Device: none
I want to read books like "The Old Man and the Sea"

Thread title might be misleading. What I want read is books that may not have a specific storyline but leave us a deeply emotional thing. I've read several Dickens' and Austen's and Doestoevsky's books and all were very good, but these are good because of the storyline. Unlike these, The Old Man and the Sea does not have "awesome" storyline (the old man goes off to the sea, catches a big fish, and returns with the bone of the fish), but left me a really great feeling. I want to read again that kind of "non-storyline, but somehow awesome" books. (Sorry for my poor writing and description. English is not a mother language of mine.)
Mesutargie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 06:11 AM   #2
xibalban
Connoisseur
xibalban knows the way to San Jose.xibalban knows the way to San Jose.xibalban knows the way to San Jose.xibalban knows the way to San Jose.xibalban knows the way to San Jose.xibalban knows the way to San Jose.xibalban knows the way to San Jose.xibalban knows the way to San Jose.xibalban knows the way to San Jose.xibalban knows the way to San Jose.xibalban knows the way to San Jose.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Smile

While I cannot experience your feelings (no-one can), I'd like to suggest you grab a copy of the Panchantantra (kobo link here) or the Aesop's Fables.
xibalban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 11:09 AM   #3
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I never enjoyed The Old Man and the Sea, but I'm willing to admit different strokes for different folks. When I read Cormac McCarthy's The Road, I was struck by its thematic similarity to The Old Man and the Sea.
curtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 01:40 PM   #4
Mesutargie
Mesutargie has learned how to read e-booksMesutargie has learned how to read e-booksMesutargie has learned how to read e-booksMesutargie has learned how to read e-booksMesutargie has learned how to read e-booksMesutargie has learned how to read e-booksMesutargie has learned how to read e-books

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by xibalban View Post
While I cannot experience your feelings (no-one can), I'd like to suggest you grab a copy of the Panchantantra (kobo link here) or the Aesop's Fables.
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtw View Post
I never enjoyed The Old Man and the Sea, but I'm willing to admit different strokes for different folks. When I read Cormac McCarthy's The Road, I was struck by its thematic similarity to The Old Man and the Sea.
Thank you, both. Sorry for late reply. I'm going to try to check your suggestions.
Mesutargie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
classic, hemingway