Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 02-21-2014, 11:51 AM   #46
bobstro
Zealot
bobstro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobstro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobstro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobstro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobstro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobstro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobstro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobstro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobstro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobstro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobstro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014,Hisense Sero Pro 7,Kobo Aura, Kobo Mini
I give in to my tendency to procrastinate. I've got my big pile of stuff I should read. I'll occasionally pick up something that catches my eye instead, and am usually glad that I did. Although I exceeded my (modest) 2013 reading target, about 1/3 were titles I picked up on impulse and started immediately, putting them ahead of my carefully prioritized to-read list for no good reason. This sort of "impulse buy" keeps my momentum going during those uninspired gaps.
bobstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 04:05 PM   #47
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking
Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Pocketbook Era
Well, haven't posted here for a while because, ahem, in the meantime I read a book I clicked on a wrong link that took me to book promo istead a blog post, it caught my attention, tried free sample and liked it, so...

Perhaps it is/was because I don't fancy many things on offer these days. Before that book (Street cat named Bob by James Bowen btw) I did try one of few remaining Poirots but again, meh.

It is dificult to find a good, well written book these days, for me at least. I don't hoard, I fish for the next read when I finish a book. And English books are my second choice.
Chi Cygni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 04:13 PM   #48
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi Cygni View Post
I don't hoard, I fish for the next read when I finish a book. And English books are my second choice.
If you start hoarding, and make English books your first choice, you can stock up on genres you like, in Calibre. Then have Calibre pick a random book for you. It's what I sometimes do if I'm undecided what to read.

The one thing you must obviously do is stick to Calibre's choice, or it's useless.

The only exceptions I make are:
- If Calibre chooses a book in the middle of a series, I pick either the first one, or the next one that I didn't read yet.
- If Calibre picks a Delphi Classic, I choose one of the books in that omnibus.

(Hm... sometimes I do cheat. If I really don't want to read a certain genre right now, I exclude it from the selection before doing the random pick )
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 04:09 PM   #49
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi Cygni View Post
Well, I must be sick. I read more than my average by this time of the year and suddenly a block. I have no patience, nothing interests me, not even a nice bargain would tempt me. What to do? Before when I felt like this I'd go on Agatha Christie binge reading but I already read almost all of them.
Have you been there and what does your t-shirt say?
Oh sure. Happens to me a lot. Sometimes I try a different genre. Sometimes I get off my lazy mumble and get outside and hike or do something energetic and worthwhile. That will often clear things up. I do a lot of sampling and browsing meanwhile because sometimes I can be in a reading funk for a couple of weeks. I think my longest was about 4 weeks. I like humorous mysteries and because humor is so personal, finding the good ones for me is really difficult. I find UF easier, but God help the next author I read who does a love triangle...
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote