Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-13-2009, 03:14 PM   #1
MTBSJC
MTBSJC began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-700
NYTimes (subscription) hangs Calibre reader and causes PRS700 to reboot

The Sunday Dec 6 NYTimes was downloaded using the standard recipe (subscription) using Calibre 0.6.26. Most of the file is readable on the Calibre reader and on my Sony PRS-700. However, when I try to read any pages in the article titled "The War in Pashtunistan", the Calibre reader hangs and has to be killed. The PRS-700 spontaneously reboots. I still have the file.
Thanks, Jim
MTBSJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 04:55 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Can you post the file.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2009, 10:00 AM   #3
MTBSJC

Dec 6 NY Times (subscription)

Here's the file. Got busy with holiday preparations. Sorry for the delay.
Thanks, Jim
Attached Files
File Type: epub The New York Times (subscription) - calibre.epub (4.13 MB, 331 views)
Old 01-24-2010, 01:30 PM   #4
MTBSJC

Hi Kovid - any update on this. It is still a problem as of version 0.6.34 and NYT Sunday 1/17/2010. I looked at bug tracker and did not see a bug report - if there is one, can you give me the bug #? Thanks, Jim
Old 01-24-2010, 01:40 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Oh I forgot about this. No there isn't a bug report, open one so I don't forget.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2010, 12:34 PM   #6
MTBSJC

OK - I have observed over the last several weeks that the problem almost always occurs in the "Week in Review" section of the NY Times. Any attempt to navigate to an article in that section causes the problem. For example, paging forward from the last page of the section menu will cause the problem, as will selecting an article from the section menu. Even paging backwards from the section following "Week in Review" will cause a crash.
I'll put this in the bug report as well.

Tags
nytimes, prs-700, reboot