Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 11-26-2008, 09:49 PM   #46
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
When I first saw the picture of the leaked Kindle 2.0 my first thought is that it looked like a 1.0 prototype. I do not like the rounded keys. The keys on Kindle 1.0 are rectangular and the keys on the left and right side are canted differently. Personally, I find it relatively easy to type on the current keyboard. The one in on the leaked 2.0 would be harder for me to use because all the keys have the same feel.

I do hope that the UI in 2.0 includes folders!!
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 10:02 PM   #47
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
There is now one Kindle on Ebay being offered for a BIN price of $l995. Bear in mind they do offer free shipping.

If thats too expensive for you, how about three others for $995?

Or maybe $795?

I would really like to meet the people that would buy these. Really.

Last edited by desertgrandma; 11-26-2008 at 10:39 PM. Reason: sp.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2008, 10:35 PM   #48
Boston
Fanatic
Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Aura H20, Pixel XL
Seriously, why not give the person a raincheck with lots of accessories and books for that kind of money?

...and to think I have a new one sitting here for my mom who doesn't even know what an ebook reader is

Last edited by Boston; 11-26-2008 at 10:37 PM.
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 10:41 PM   #49
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
Seriously, why not give the person a raincheck with lots of accessories and books for that kind of money?

...and to think I have a new one sitting here for my mom who doesn't even know what an ebook reader is
An amazon GC for the amount of the Kindle and $100 worth of books and you are still ahead of the game!

Must be the "I want it and I want it NOW" mentality...........
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 10:55 PM   #50
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
Prices will drop soon.. I mean, I could buy myself 5 Sony Readers for that
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2008, 11:52 PM   #51
CleverClothe
Guru
CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, Onyx Boox 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daithi View Post
It doesn't support SD cards. I love my 4gb SD card with tons of books. I also have a backup SD card.
Maybe they are putting a hard drive in it? That could partly explain the change in size and shape.
CleverClothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 08:18 PM   #52
MonaLS
Groupie
MonaLS began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle (Gen 1), Kindle DX, Kindle Fire, LG Enact
Those are still the same photos from BoyGenius, why would anyone think they are for real on the basis on one set of pictures? And it does seem to be a downgrade from the original Kindle.
MonaLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 12:00 PM   #53
catsittingstill
Guru
catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1.0.8, iPod Touch, Kindle Keyboard
I don't get it. This looks to me like the same picture that came out in the early fall and that we generally agreed was probably one of the prototypes for Kindle 1.0 that got passed over in favor of the current form. I realize that I've been gone for a while; is there some new reason to think that it might actually be Kindle 2.0 now?
catsittingstill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 12:16 PM   #54
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
More rumors are circulating.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 02:20 PM   #55
Boston
Fanatic
Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Aura H20, Pixel XL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
More rumors are circulating.
.....and you aren't going to share them with us
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 03:21 PM   #56
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I could make some up if you want. Other than that I don't know any more than you.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 03:35 PM   #57
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsittingstill View Post
is there some new reason to think that it might actually be Kindle 2.0 now?
TechCrunch cites "sources" for their report that this is the real device. Their article (see 1st post) is all that is new.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 05:52 PM   #58
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
I think its bizarre not having a memory card slot, I wouldn't buy it for that reason alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverClothe View Post
Maybe they are putting a hard drive in it? That could partly explain the change in size and shape.
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 11:01 AM   #59
greg777
greg777 doesn't littergreg777 doesn't littergreg777 doesn't litter

Device: kindle
price may be lower on the Kindle 2

I heard that the price may be lower on the Kindle 2

I think that the price was the biggest problem with the first Kindle. Anyway, I still like it and may purchase the Kindle 2 if it is around $249.
greg777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 11:23 AM   #60
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
That price would be ok;I also have the impression they where going to drop costs on the kindle 2 somewhere in better,and cheaper design.

One for sure is that the flash memory has dropped in price dramatically!
Normally one should not pay more than $20 on 4GB manuf. price.
So I don't know why they still equip them with less than 1GB.

What's more, the memory of the Sony is MLC memory,and isn't that much faster than an SDHC card,which cost less than $25 for 8GB
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amazon, kindle 2.0