Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-27-2011, 03:32 PM   #1
bkv
bkv began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
How should the screen appear when the device is turned off?

Hi.
I just got my PRS-T1. Yesterday the device "hanged" and I used the reset button. Now I notice that when I turn the device off, the screen appears unlit (dark grey) for a moment before it turns bright again and stays that way. The screen is just as bright when the device is off as when the device is on . Is the right?

Regards,
Bjorn
bkv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 04:26 PM   #2
Abtacha
Addict
Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
If you turn the T1 off it should show a simple white screen, so that's right.
If you put it in sleep (a short push of the powerbutton) you can decide whether you want it to show nothing, the cover of the last book you read or some other picture(s).
Abtacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2011, 05:32 PM   #3
seabee
Connoisseur
seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kobo Mini
Displaying a fixed picture doesn't consume ANY energy, it's a static display. The energy is used when processing content for display (formating), changing the screen content, WiFi, reading the buttons and the touch screen. The difference between "turned-off" and "sleeping" is that in sleeping mode, the RAM content is refreshed (and consume some energy for that) to be able to wake-up instantly instead of a 30s boot process (that consume lot of energy, it's a very bad idea to power down for short periods).
seabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 09:51 AM   #4
bkv
bkv began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Thanks for the info, guys.
bkv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 10:08 AM   #5
drake-r8
drake-r8 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS T1 and Kobo wireless

I really like the cover of the book currently being read showing in sleep mode. I thought it was a nice touch in the kobo, but didn't expect it in the PRS-T1. So far I love this new reader.
drake-r8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2012, 10:45 PM   #6
capjap
capjap began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-650
I put my t1 to sleep when I go to bed, and by the next night, it has powered all the way down. I can't seem to find any setting to keep it in sleep mode, and I never had this problem before I updated the software. Any ideas how to change this?
capjap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 09:55 AM   #7
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by capjap View Post
I put my t1 to sleep when I go to bed, and by the next night, it has powered all the way down. I can't seem to find any setting to keep it in sleep mode, and I never had this problem before I updated the software. Any ideas how to change this?
The only time this has happened to me is when my battery has been low. Try a full recharge and see if the problem goes away.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote