Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 01-19-2011, 10:03 AM   #1
Iridal
Mysteriarch
Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 4, Kindle 3
French book recommendations

I've made a new resolution: I'm going to read at least one book in French every month. I live in Belgium (Flanders) and work for a federal institute (lots of French-speaking co-workers) so have a basic understanding of the language, but I would like to improve. I know from experience reading is a good way to expand your vocabulary.

I'm going to start with Le Petit Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry. I had to read this in highschool, so I know it's not too difficult. So now I'm looking for other French books that are similar in difficulty. Any suggestions ?
Iridal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 11:12 AM   #2
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
I have Arthur Conan Doyle's novel Au Pays des Brumes on my reader, which I found here at MR. I'm far from bi-lingual, but there are only one or two words per page I don't know, and Sony's French - English dictionary has come through each time!

I wish there were better current French (and Spanish) offerings out there, but ebooks seem heavily skewed towards the English-speaking world so far to me.
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2011, 11:25 AM   #3
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Lettres de mon moulin par Alphonse Daudet

Lettres de mon moulin

Also there is the French mobileread with their ebook uploads

here

and the French section of Project Gutenberg here

Hope this helps
Poppaea
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote