Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 10-07-2010, 03:42 PM   #1
dixieknits
Addict
dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook Color
Lighted Cover

Saw this on the Sony page and ordered one for my JB. They are the same size.

12.99 shipped http://www.woot.com/special.aspx?k=Puffs
dixieknits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 01:16 AM   #2
Gardenman
Wizard
Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350,Nook HD+, Kindle 2nd gen, kindle keyboard
I did not think the covers made to fit sony readers would fit the jetbook/libre. Please lit us know how yours works.
Gardenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-09-2010, 10:18 AM   #3
dixieknits
Addict
dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I measured my Jetbook and my son in law's Pocket Sony. Each are 4-1/4" wide. My Jetbook is just over 6" long and his Sony is not quite 6-1/8" long about, 1/32" longer than my Jetbook which i"m hoping is negligible. My Jetbook is the non-battery one, so there is no hump to compensate for. If it won't work, I"ll give it to him and reclaim my Jetbook sleeve which he now has.
Will post a pix when it arrives.
Old 10-10-2010, 08:10 PM   #4
scarab1
scarab1 began at the beginning.

Device: Palm PDAs, ectaco jetBook, Nook Color
Covers for the Sony readers use small pins (which fit into holes on the top and bottom of the reader) to attach to the reader.

The case may physically be the correct size, but you're going to have to drill holes into the top and bottom of your jetBook or use velcro to attach it.

I got a case from mEdge for the Sony, but it has straps that go around each corner to hold the reader.
scarab1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 08:04 PM   #5
dixieknits
Addict

I'm really happy with the lighted Sony cover for my Jetbook. It fits perfectly and the light has 2 intensity settings and easily folds back and forth into the center channel of the case. The two small studs at the end do hold it secure however, I took two 1/4" squares cut from double sided adhesive foam mounting tape and stuck on each corner of my jetbook and poked a small indentation in the foam tape with a knitting needle. The studs of the case fit in perfectly. I've taken two photos one flat and one with the Jetbook hanging to show how nicely and securely it is.
It was a nice bargain, though it took over two weeks for Woot to get it to me which seems a bit longish.....

Last edited by dixieknits; 10-25-2010 at 08:32 PM.
Advert
Old 11-20-2010, 01:16 PM   #6
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several
Well that was a good idea! I'm so glad it worked for you!
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 11:20 PM   #7
mmread
Enthusiast
mmread has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: none
I saw these Sony Covers on clearance at Target for $13.00.
mmread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 09:46 PM   #8
Gardenman
Wizard
Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Dixieknits

Will the front cover turn back behind the back cover when you are reading? If it will this seem like the perfect solution for my Libre.
Old 11-24-2010, 01:45 PM   #9
mmread
Enthusiast

Gardenman,

I bought the same Sony cover when I saw it on clearance at Target. It does fold back flat but not totally flat because of the spine width. I won't get my Libre until Cmas so I can't make any mods yet.
Old 11-27-2010, 08:55 AM   #10
dixieknits
Addict

Yes, it folds back completely against the back cover, but as the channel for the light is 3/8" and the Jetbook is 3/8" the left side is a bit thicker. I use an elastic hair bungee on the right side to keep the back and front tethered together when folded back. Also the case makes a nice a-frame style stand for landscape viewing on a table.
Old 11-27-2010, 04:04 PM   #11
Gardenman
Wizard

When the reader is in the lighted cover, does anyone have any trouble getting the cover over the cd card open?
Old 12-28-2010, 06:57 PM   #12
mmread
Enthusiast

Quote:
When the reader is in the lighted cover, does anyone have any trouble getting the cover over the cd card open?
You can access the SD card cover of the ereader when it is in the Sony lighted cover. The metal clips do no cover the SD card cover. When I had the "dumb" flip phones, there were covers for the ac adapters. That usually broke away in time. I have a feeling I will lose that also on the Libre. In fact, I don't really close it all the way.

I really like the feel of this leather Sony cover but it does not seem to give out enough light to read the full screen top to bottom.