Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-30-2013, 01:51 PM   #35611
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Sounds way more complicated than counting sheep.
yes I used to paint the house myself and as it was build in 1930, it has a lot of panel doors and such.
And last year I downloaded lots of classics when they were for free on Kindle/Audible, so I would have something to listen to when travelling. But I discovered I fell asleep right away when listening. Now I put 'm on my iPod when walking.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:51 PM   #35612
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
But I discovered I fell asleep right away when listening. Now I put 'm on my iPod when walking.
Yes, I find listening to audiobooks in bed is the perfect cure for insomnia. Then you have to go back and try to find the point at which you fell asleep. Too much trouble, so I don't do it anymore .

Right now I'm filling in my Tax Return online. Due in tomorrow or I get fined .
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:02 PM   #35613
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Yes, I find listening to audiobooks in bed is the perfect cure for insomnia. Then you have to go back and try to find the point at which you fell asleep. Too much trouble, so I don't do it anymore .

Right now I'm filling in my Tax Return online. Due in tomorrow or I get fined .
Go baby go!

I just wish I had all the information/end of year statements I need to complete mine. I've started, but may not have certain ones for another month. I'm quite concerned about how it is going to fall out this year as I've made a number of significant changes in my financial status....
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:48 PM   #35614
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
That's my problem too. I hate having to wait until March or longer to get the last of my end of year stuff, just so I can finally get the tax forms done.

Enjoying the last of my coffee before having to go in to work today.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:56 PM   #35615
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes! Travel arranged for the end of March:the ancient Silk Road from the West to China; 24 days
(Amsterdam-Istanbul-) Tasjkent(Uzbekistan)-Samarkand(train)-Tasjkent-Fergana valley(car)-Kokand-Osh-Kyzyl art pass- (China)Kashgar(train)-Turpan-Dunhuang(train)-Jiayugua-Lanzou (train)-Xiahe (Labrang Buddhist Monastry)-Xi'an(Terra Cotta Army)-train to Bejing (Chinese Wall, Tian'anmen square, Forbidden City)- (Istanbul-Amsterdam).

As most of it will be on public transport (4x train and bus), it will be quite an adventure. Planning to take my 'point it' book with me, instead of the language guides. Perhaps I'll add some photo's (of food) to the book.

Now on with the work I have to finish before I can go.

Last edited by desertblues; 02-01-2013 at 01:59 PM.
Old 02-01-2013, 02:39 PM   #35616
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Ah, it's Friday night in the city.

We just witnessed a very skinny student clad in a neon pink mankini hanging from the lamppost outside (2C/35F) proclaiming he is Tarzan. He then tried the climb the tree next to the lamppost and when he couldn't manage that he decided to take a swim in the canal.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:57 PM   #35617
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
Ah, it's Friday night in the city.

We just witnessed a very skinny student clad in a neon pink mankini hanging from the lamppost outside (2C/35F) proclaiming he is Tarzan. He then tried the climb the tree next to the lamppost and when he couldn't manage that he decided to take a swim in the canal.
I hope he also got OUT of the canal? At those temperatures and in that attire, that's not a given.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:26 PM   #35618
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Yes! Travel arranged for the end of March:the ancient Silk Road from the West to China; 24 days
(Amsterdam-Istanbul-) Tasjkent(Uzbekistan)-Samarkand(train)-Tasjkent-Fergana valley(car)-Kokand-Osh-Kyzyl art pass- (China)Kashgar(train)-Turpan-Dunhuang(train)-Jiayugua-Lanzou (train)-Xiahe (Labrang Buddhist Monastry)-Xi'an(Terra Cotta Army)-train to Bejing (Chinese Wall, Tian'anmen square, Forbidden City)- (Istanbul-Amsterdam).

As most of it will be on public transport (4x train and bus), it will be quite an adventure. Planning to take my 'point it' book with me, instead of the language guides. Perhaps I'll add some photo's (of food) to the book.

Have a wonderful time!
Old 02-01-2013, 04:00 PM   #35619
desertblues
Home for the moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post

Have a wonderful time!
Thank you Kenny, I can't wait to be on the move again. I find the history of Central Asia fascinating; the Persian, Mongols, Alexander the Great and others who roamed these countries and the beautiful buildings they left. The history of the ancient trade routes and the different cultures.....very interesting.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:08 PM   #35620
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Thank you Kenny, I can't wait to be on the move again. I find the history of Central Asia fascinating; the Persian, Mongols, Alexander the Great and others who roamed these countries and the beautiful buildings they left. The history of the ancient trade routes and the different cultures.....very interesting.
Safe travels and wonderful memories!!
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:09 PM   #35621
kennyc

Yes, it's all fascinating! I personally prefer to enjoy it from my recliner though.
Be sure to give us a full report when you get back!
Old 02-01-2013, 04:59 PM   #35622
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
I hope he also got OUT of the canal? At those temperatures and in that attire, that's not a given.
Yes, he did and went into one of the cafés. We get these these things fairly regularly with all the cafés here. Sometimes very entertaining and sometimes very annoying.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:28 PM   #35623
desertblues
Home for the moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
Safe travels and wonderful memories!!
Thanks, Nyssa.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:11 PM   #35624
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:

What a wonderful trip! I'm green with envy! Maybe one of these days I can follow your route, benefiting from your travel tips! Exploring is so much fun! I've been to a couple of these places before, but reached them from different directions and traveling by different means. In that part of the world, even 'who' you are traveling with makes a huge difference, to say nothing about how you got there!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:50 AM   #35625
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:

Fantastic! I haven't been to amy of these places (I've touched a tiny bit of China mainland closest to Hong Kong, but that's it) and am also very jealous. Have a great time.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?