Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 11-10-2010, 08:04 PM   #1
simplyparticular
Guru
simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3 & GlowLight 4
Delay in NOOKcolor accessories

I got an email from B&N today telling me:

Quote:
Dear Valued Customer,

We are writing to you about your recent order for a NOOKcolor?
accessory.

Demand has exceeded all expectations, and unfortunately, we may not be
able to ship your NOOKcolor accessory on the date we provided in our
confirmation email.

Please be assured that if you ordered a NOOKcolor, whether on a separate
order or with your accessory, we expect to ship NOOKcolor on 11/19/10.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this may have
caused, and we will continue to update you by email.

Sincerely,
Barnes & Noble
Strangely, it's a form email and isn't personalized to my order to say WHICH accessory - I ordered two cases, and both still have the exact same ship date when I look at my order status online. So it will be interesting to see if I get any case with my NOOKcolor.

Either they don't have accessories ready on deadline, or they oversold because they didn't actually bother tracking sales against expected inventory. Both are problems you'd think they'd have figured out how to fix after the Nook original launch
simplyparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 09:40 PM   #2
DuncanWatson
Kindle Convert
DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nook (all)
I ordered a case with my color nook and didn't receive any email. Curiouser and Curiouser
DuncanWatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 04:42 PM   #3
jedifarfy
Zealot
jedifarfy doesn't litterjedifarfy doesn't litter

Device: rooted nook color, nook wifi 1st edition
I've seen them do that and then have the item ship on time. It's their way of letting you "just in case" without being specific. They think there might be a delay, but unless your online order says something, I'm sure it's fine.
jedifarfy is offline   Reply With Quote