Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 09-01-2009, 12:17 PM   #1
protodoll
protodoll began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch and Droid RAZR
FBReader on Android Help

I have been fighting with various ebook readers for my Android phone all morning. It's getting very frustrating (traditional books are looking more and more appealing right now).

My problem is that, for some unknown reason, the epub books on my SD card are totally invisible to fbreader. I put them in the fbreader folder, nothing. I put them in the books folder, nothing. The only "book" fbreader can find is the instructions it came with.

Help!
protodoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 12:28 PM   #2
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
I have the US version of the HTC Magic. I have only downloaded a few books from Feedbooks and downloaded to the phone directly from Feedbooks' site. It uses the following file structure:

/sdcard/Books/feedbooks.com/userbook

If you have files within the Books directory, FBReader should automatically recognize the epub format. Are you sure these are DRM free ebooks?
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2009, 12:33 PM   #3
protodoll
protodoll began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch and Droid RAZR
Quote:
Originally Posted by grooks View Post
I have the US version of the HTC Magic. I have only downloaded a few books from Feedbooks and downloaded to the phone directly from Feedbooks' site. It uses the following file structure:

/sdcard/Books/feedbooks.com/userbook

If you have files within the Books directory, FBReader should automatically recognize the epub format. Are you sure these are DRM free ebooks?
Thanks for the quick reply, but it turns out the problem was that the version of fbreader in the market doesn't work. I uninstalled it and installed the newest version from the website and it worked just fine (except now I have about 5 copies of Pride and Prejudice in my library, oops XD)
protodoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 12:40 PM   #4
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
I downloaded my version from the Market and it seems to be working ok. Either way, glad you got it to finally work.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote