Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-14-2013, 02:19 AM   #121
NuPogodi
Connoisseur
NuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the endNuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the endNuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the endNuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the endNuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the endNuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the endNuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the endNuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the endNuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the endNuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the endNuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: Kindle 3, Tolino Shine, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave2008 View Post
Yeah, the default font DroidSansFallback does not support all the characters. We all collecting default fonts for different languages right now.
1. FreeSerif face includes 10,537 glyphs, with regular, italic, bold and bold italic styles. IMO, it's the most complete free set of glyphs including both common and exotic glyphs - see details here
2. If the file with translation strings is UTF8-encoded, there might be no need to adjust the locale.
NuPogodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 05:06 AM   #122
Aj74
Enthusiast
Aj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
What line endings did your editor use?
I used "luaedit."
I changed the line 176 as suggested but nothing.
Aj74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-14-2013, 07:50 AM   #123
chrox
Zealot
chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 KPW PB840
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka View Post
Guys, as KOReader now runs only on firmwares >= 5.1.0, you can try to use Kindle_Touch_Hacking#LIPC_Lua_bindings instead of lipc-X command line utilities. Though, I don't know whether this technical capability brings any potential advantages...
That's really cool. Then I'm trying to adjust front light intensity in koreader directly. Thanks.
chrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:25 AM   #124
Carcara
Carcara began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carcara View Post
5- Is it possible to change pages keeping the same zoom/crop/etc from the previous page?
I'm having an english problem to understand the msg below :P
Is it the answer for my question above? Or the msg below is talking only about start at the same page when you come back to a pdf?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave2008 View Post
What we did in kindlepdfviewer is we use percentage inside document for
navigation. So you will always jump to roughly the same location no matter how
you typeset the document. I think KOReader will also take this approach once
the goto feature is implemented.

As an alternative solution for what I asked, I'm using briss-0.9 to crop the margins of all the pages of a document, and in kindle I pinche to extend the zoom on each page.
Carcara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:47 PM   #125
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Another one suggestion: write user manual with the help of Sphinx and maintain it in source tree. There is a free service Read The Docs for hosting Sphinx-based documentation. It includes deep integration with GitHub and automatic update of documentation on every commit (with the help of GitHub webhook). It also compiles documentation into PDF and EPUB formats.

There are downsides, of course. It will require Python for local testing of documentation, learning of Sphinx for documentation setup and learning of reStructuredText for documentation writing (however, reStructuredText is close to Markdown).

I understand that user manual writing isn't a priority for now and GitHub wiki is pretty fine suited for current needs. Just wanted to describe one of other possible variants.
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2013, 10:56 AM   #126
Aj74
Enthusiast
Aj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toys

New version but same problem

Installed version 123, but the same problems when you exit the program.
Is it possible that there is no solution?
I have to locate my kindle in English (U.S.) to use koreader in Italian!!
Help.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:20 AM   #127
Aj74
Enthusiast

If you can not solve the problem, at least put an option to locate Koreader in English before exiting the program.
Old 04-15-2013, 01:03 PM   #128
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aj74 View Post
If you can not solve the problem, at least put an option to locate Koreader in English before exiting the program.
or you rename your file in Italian
after all, it is you that is having the problem.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 01:26 PM   #129
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
Hm. It seems to work flawless here, Kindle UI set to italian and KoReader does display, exit etc. quite well, also in italian.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 03:28 PM   #130
Aj74
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
or you rename your file in Italian
after all, it is you that is having the problem.
Rename that file and how?
Thank you.
Old 04-15-2013, 03:29 PM   #131
Aj74
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
Hm. It seems to work flawless here, Kindle UI set to italian and KoReader does display, exit etc. quite well, also in italian.
Sell ​​it to me??
Old 04-15-2013, 03:50 PM   #132
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

OK, finally managed to replicate the error. Just to verify the symptoms: After exiting KoReader, only the "document list" part of the home screen shows up, filling the whole screen, and neither the "notify/clock title bar" not the row of buttons (home, back, light, settings,...) shows, right?

I still don't have any idea on what's going on. I guess it's some gettext/libintl bug, propagating things where they shouldn't go. Thing is, we shouldn't interrupt other applications at all by using gettext. Well, that'll be a bit tough to debug.
Old 04-15-2013, 03:58 PM   #133
Aj74
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
OK, finally managed to replicate the error. Just to verify the symptoms: After exiting KoReader, only the "document list" part of the home screen shows up, filling the whole screen, and neither the "notify/clock title bar" not the row of buttons (home, back, light, settings,...) shows, right?

I still don't have any idea on what's going on. I guess it's some gettext/libintl bug, propagating things where they shouldn't go. Thing is, we shouldn't interrupt other applications at all by using gettext. Well, that'll be a bit tough to debug.
So I'm not crazy! Thank you.
Yes, the problem is just that.
Sigh, I hope someone can solve or at least give me Koreader in English ... (instill the Italian translation I made it!)
Old 04-16-2013, 04:23 AM   #134
Aj74
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aj74 View Post
So I'm not crazy! Thank you.
Yes, the problem is just that.
Sigh, I hope someone can solve or at least give me Koreader in English ... (instill the Italian translation I made it!)
The problem was that on KPVBooklet chrox solved with a new version!
Now all function perfectly.
Thank you!
Old 04-16-2013, 04:43 AM   #135
hawhill
Wizard

That's great! (Especially since I noticed after writing that KoReader wasn't involved when I managed to corrupt the home screen. I still have no idea how I did it, though.)

Tags
application, k5 tools, kindle, koreader, launcher add-ons, lua, reader, touch