Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-23-2011, 02:50 PM   #1
ifreedom
ifreedom began at the beginning.

Device: kobo vox
Transfer PDF for viewing

Hi all new to the form. I did a search but I think my main problem is finding the file on my vox once I've transfered it from my computer (not on to the SD card).

I have a File Expert on the vox for a file manager but the files i see in this manager are not what I see on my computer when I plug the vox in via usb. So I don't know where to transfer the pdf to.

I have MobilePDFViewer installed on the vox to view the pdf but need internet access to use it as it has ads. Is there a full version to read pdf that is free.

Any help would be great as I have pdf's that I'd like to read on the vox.

I heard ASTRO was a great app but I can't it when I search for apps on the vox.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by ifreedom; 11-23-2011 at 02:54 PM.
ifreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 03:08 PM   #2
mr_nobody
Evangelist
mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: kobo mini, nexus 7 (2012), kobo vox
In terms of pdf, I like Perfect Viewer with the pdf plugin:

http://sites.google.com/site/rookiestudio/

The root folder you see when you are plugged into your computer I think is /mnt/sdcard or something like that so you need to navigate to there in your file manager.

Astro is in jefftheworld's app package. Since you already have a file manager, you should be able to install it from there.
mr_nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2011, 08:58 AM   #3
ifreedom

ok thanks. but how do i install these as i can't find them through the "get apps" on the vox? do i download them to my laptop then transfer then install?
Old 11-24-2011, 09:03 AM   #4
Haesslich
Fanatic
Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch,Glo,Mini,Aura/HD/One,H20, Sony PRS-300/600, Kindle 3-PW
Dollowmnobodysnlinkmand then click Download under the PV menu on the side. The APK links can be installed right from the browser as you can click on the file in the Notifications area after to install.
Haesslich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 09:27 AM   #5
mr_nobody
Evangelist
mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

As Haesslich says, Perfect Viewer you can install directly via the link above.

Anything in jefftheworld's app package (eg: astro) you will need to transfer to your device (eg: via your laptop) and then use your existing file manager you mentioned to launch the installer.
Advert
Old 11-24-2011, 09:40 AM   #6
ifreedom

wow ok thanks! I downloaded and installed but can't seem to find it on the kobo. any idea as to where it installed to? i checked under apps but kind find it. it's in Manage Apps but i can't access the program.

thanks in advance btw you guys are great!
Old 11-24-2011, 10:41 AM   #7
mr_nobody
Evangelist

Any apps you install show up in All Apps. Are you talking about perfect viewer? Is it possible you only installed the pdf plugin, not the main pv app also?
Old 11-24-2011, 03:02 PM   #8
ifreedom

yes, actually that is all i installed. Ok, i'll go back and install the other app as well. Thanks!