Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-12-2014, 07:18 PM   #1
elementz
elementz began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
[solved] Can't locate calibres cli-tools on OSX

I have installed calibre 1.38.0 via the pkg provided on calibres hompage.
From my use of calibre on linux I was accustomed to using calibres command line tools, e.g ebook-convert and calibredb.

These commands haven't been added to my path on my osx system, nor could I find their location in /Applications/calibre.app.

Where else should I look on the fs? Or could it even be possible that the cli tools are not available on macos after all?

I am slowly transitioning from years of linux usage to macos, so some light handholding would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Last edited by elementz; 06-13-2014 at 05:57 AM.
elementz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 07:32 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by elementz View Post
I have installed calibre 1.38.0 via the pkg provided on calibres hompage.
From my use of calibre on linux I was accustomed to using calibres command line tools, e.g ebook-convert and calibredb.

These commands haven't been added to my path on my osx system, nor could I find their location in /Applications/calibre.app.

Where else should I look on the fs? Or could it even be possible that the cli tools are not available on macos after all?

I am slowly transitioning from years of linux usage to macos, so some light handholding would be appreciated.

Cheers.
IIRC there are specific instructions on the MAC version download page for CLI tools
MAC's = more work

Linux and Win= 1click installs
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 08:46 PM   #3
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
From http://calibre-ebook.com/download_osx

Quote:
Originally Posted by calibre download page for OSX
NOTE
  1. If you are using OS X Tiger or a PowerPC Mac, the last version of calibre that will work on your machine is 0.7.28, available here.
  2. The app cannot be run from within the dmg. You must drag it to a folder on your filesystem (The Desktop, Applications, wherever).
  3. To install the command line tools, go to Preferences->Advanced->Miscellaneous
  4. In order for localization of the user interface in your language, select your language in the preferences (by pressing ⌘+P) and select your language.
See note #3.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 05:56 AM   #4
elementz
elementz began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Good to know.
Thanks everybody.
elementz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
macos, osx