Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 05-06-2012, 04:14 AM   #46
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis
AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several eReaders and tablets
Exactly, the tip of most ones is made of a soft conductive foam, so there is no damage at all to the screen.
AlPe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 04:32 AM   #47
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
Jon, you're confusing the kobo and the odyssey
Sorry about that. But given the photo, the Odyssey is a fail for the larger page numbers that do take up excess space. Also the touch layer is a fail. Anything that takes away from the screen is a fail even if it's as slight as is said in this thread.

Last edited by JSWolf; 05-06-2012 at 04:34 AM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 10:07 AM   #48
bob123
Addict
bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlPe View Post
Exactly, the tip of most ones is made of a soft conductive foam, so there is no damage at all to the screen.
Thanks. I might get one of those.
bob123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 11:20 AM   #49
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Sorry about that. But given the photo, the Odyssey is a fail for the larger page numbers that do take up excess space. Also the touch layer is a fail. Anything that takes away from the screen is a fail even if it's as slight as is said in this thread.
Surely, Jon, the main "fail" is that it doesn't say "S O N Y" at the top of it, isn't it?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 11:49 AM   #50
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Surely, Jon, the main "fail" is that it doesn't say "S O N Y" at the top of it, isn't it?
I think having such wasted space if the issue. The brand is irrelevant. I do like that the title can be toggled on or off so it gives the user a choice.
Old 05-06-2012, 11:58 AM   #51
bob123
Addict
bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Quote:
Also the touch layer is a fail. Anything that takes away from the screen is a fail even if it's as slight as is said in this thread.
With that reasoning why don't we all get the iRiver Story HD?

Last edited by bob123; 05-06-2012 at 12:20 PM.
Old 05-06-2012, 12:22 PM   #52
bob123
Addict

Quote:
Sorry about that. But given the photo, the Odyssey is a fail for the larger page numbers that do take up excess space.
I agree. I also wish you could change the margins.
Old 05-06-2012, 01:50 PM   #53
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
I think having such wasted space if the issue. The brand is irrelevant. I do like that the title can be toggled on or off so it gives the user a choice.
It's way better on an ePiub where the publisher didn't made overlarge margins.

Most of them uses the sony as test, and the sony tends to glue the text to the border, not so good either.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 04:48 PM   #54
Digit71
Digit71 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Lets be clear, I like everything about the Odyssey apart from the dark screen. If it had an infra-red interface I would have kept it as my only ereader.

Am I correct in thinking the Odyssey has greater control over the text formatting of an ePub sent via Calibre? I read somewhere that with the Kobo margins and justification cannot be changed if the ePub goes via Calibre. My experience seems to agree with that.
No margin control on the Odyssey though.

The Kobo is leaving space at the bottom of the page where text could go. You think you've reached the end of the chapter ..but no.

Does anyone else find e-ink screens unnerving when it crashes but you've no idea because the text still displays? We could come up with a name for the moment you're trying to move to the next page but you're interacting with a brick. :-D
Digit71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 05:40 PM   #55
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digit71 View Post

Am I correct in thinking the Odyssey has greater control over the text formatting of an ePub sent via Calibre? I read somewhere that with the Kobo margins and justification cannot be changed if the ePub goes via Calibre. My experience seems to agree with that.
I use calibre with a kobo touch and I am able to chage font, margins, and line spacing on the reader. I do an epub to epub conversion(s) in calibre.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 02:22 AM   #56
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
It's way better on an ePiub where the publisher didn't made overlarge margins.

Most of them uses the sony as test, and the sony tends to glue the text to the border, not so good either.
I find the text is very readable with no margins on my 650.
Old 05-07-2012, 02:51 AM   #57
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
I use calibre with a kobo touch and I am able to chage font, margins, and line spacing on the reader. I do an epub to epub conversion(s) in calibre.
Ah, i remember reading that it worked only for kepub too. So much the better if that's not the case.
The margin settings is one of the things that made me say Hey ! cool ! when playing with the kobo.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:01 AM   #58
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlPe View Post
I do not really like touching the screen
If you are concerned about fingerprints and smudges, you can use the back of your fingernail, instead of your fingertip, not the tip of the nail, as if scratching, but the flat area of the nail. I use it everytime I need to touch the screen in my Orizon.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 05:37 PM   #59
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis
AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several eReaders and tablets
Thanks for the tip, but I am used to the stylus, which is always clipped to my Odyssey case, so it is not a big deal in my case.
AlPe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 05:21 PM   #60
plienas
plienas began at the beginning.

Device: none
After watching the preview of it on youtube i must admit i was really impressed. The page turn buttons and menu flow seems a lot more appealing than KT.

Too bad there are these problems not noticeable from first sight.
Why they didn't use ZForce...
plienas is offline   Reply With Quote