Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 02-25-2009, 09:54 AM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
jkOnTheRun: Stanza vs. eReader

Kevin of jkOnTheRun tested two very popular free iPhone apps for reading e-books. One is Stanza, the other is eReader. His first impressions: Stanza looks prettier and pagination works better and quicker. eReader, on the other hand, has more theme options (background and text color).

One important difference is that Stanza supports various e-book formats, including those without DRM, whereas eReader uses exclusively the eReader PDB format (with and without DRM).

Related: Best ebook reader for iPhone?
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 11:50 AM   #2
discourse
Connoisseur
discourse has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: NOOK Simple Touch with GlowLight, iPad 1
I love reading with Stanza. I mostly read free books from Feedbooks on there.
discourse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2009, 08:23 PM   #3
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
I like Stanza because of O'Reilly's Bookworm site where you can keep your ebooks. Makes downloading to my iTouch a snap.
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 08:27 PM   #4
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
I just wish that Sony would figure out that maybe an iphone app that would read .lrx would help their ebookstore cause. Seing how I have both a 505 and an ipod touch, that would be wonderful
volwrath is offline   Reply With Quote