Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-05-2013, 04:54 PM   #1
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Download Cover Broken?

Using Calibre 1.1 (32-bit) on Windows 8.1.

When I added a couple of books today, and went to set the metadata before converting them to AZW3, the Download Cover dialog didn't find ANY covers. This is new behaviour, since I know I added covers to books I had bought earlier in the week. So something has changed that is preventing the covers from being found.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 05:01 PM   #2
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Using Calibre 1.1 (32-bit) on Windows 8.1.
Just tried it with Calibre 1.1 (32-bit) on Ubuntu Linux 12.04 and it works just fine.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-05-2013, 11:41 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
What's changed is amazon's website. You will need to update to the next calibre release or enable some sources for covers other than amazon.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 01:18 AM   #4
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
What's changed is amazon's website. You will need to update to the next calibre release or enable some sources for covers other than amazon.
I have google and at least one other enabled there, and I usually get a bunch of google covers. But not getting them right now. The Amazon makes sense. IAC, I'll be updating tomorrow morning, of course, assuming the usual Friday drop.

Thanks,
Old 09-06-2013, 12:31 PM   #5
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Latest build appears to have fixed it. I also found one mis-configuration that had crept in, with Google enabled but not Google Images. I have NO idea how that happened. IAC, working this morning.

Thanks,
Advert