Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 11-07-2010, 12:09 PM   #1
dcubed2
Edge User

Improved Image Viewer

I'd love an updated Image Viewer. One with better resolution (the 1% of my pdfs that open in Docs to Go look a lot better there), and saving a few images temporarily. I don't want to have to save to library each new graphic, just be able to see the last few that were opened (5?). Oh, and make it a real application that comes up when you hold down the home key - I'd like to be able to do something else like surf the web and be able to see the image again without having to return to the page with the graphic(s) on the eInk side.

Old 11-07-2010, 05:55 PM   #2
borisb
Edge User

By image viewer, I guess you mean when using the Camera tool on the eInk side. I certainly agree with you there, as currently the LCD image displayed (of text and graphics) is at the same resolution as currenlty displayed on the eInk side, rather than the maximum resolution offered by the underlying source.

Advert
Old 11-08-2010, 08:26 AM   #3
kenjennings
Edge User

It would be nice if it rendered it at least twice the size of the target, and used cubic scaling. Then we could get several levels of scaling in any out of the image without it immediately becoming jagged or blurry.

Old 11-08-2010, 09:36 AM   #4
dcubed2
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisb View Post
By image viewer, I guess you mean when using the Camera tool on the eInk side. I certainly agree with you there, as currently the LCD image displayed (of text and graphics) is at the same resolution as currenlty displayed on the eInk side, rather than the maximum resolution offered by the underlying source.
Yes, I thought the manual called it the Image Viewer, but I may be wrong. Anyhow, sharper images and having the app both 'save' a few previous images and to be on the list of running apps would be really, really nice. I can't do anything else on the lcd side until I'm done with the current image, which might be quite a few pages of reading.

Old 11-08-2010, 09:39 AM   #5
dcubed2
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjennings View Post
It would be nice if it rendered it at least twice the size of the target, and used cubic scaling. Then we could get several levels of scaling in any out of the image without it immediately becoming jagged or blurry.
Sounds good. Sometimes the image seems sharper on the eInk side than the lcd side. But that may not be true, just an optical illusion with my eyes. But getting the image as clear/sharp as can be on the lcd would be nice, anyway it can be done.

Advert