Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-29-2012, 08:04 PM   #256
foxfire
Enthusiast
foxfire began at the beginning.

Device: none
Finally got my Austen award and my fanatic award. Still at 80% with classic attack. I read all the books I was suppose to read....I followed the earlier post...still can't make 100%
foxfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 04:59 PM   #257
Sharkus
Evangelist
Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Original, WiFi, Touch, Aura, Aura H20, MiniGloHD ;) iOS app
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxfire View Post
Darn! I was told you got it for reading 1 million pages......oh well.....
Alas not. The number of pages award is Juggernaut, and you get it for turning 10000 pages.
Sharkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 05:01 PM   #258
Sharkus
Evangelist
Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxfire View Post
ipad2....latest kobo app available for ipad....I think I updated it once.

The last 2 books were Emma by Austen (the free version) and The Haunted Bookstore by Christopher Morley.

I am hoping itbhas settled down...at least for now....
Thanks for the information. I'll try those books and see if it causes problems with the app, and if so, we'll investigate as to why and attempt to resolve the issue for a future update.
Old 03-04-2012, 04:02 PM   #259
LolaJay
Enthusiast
LolaJay began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
Sooo... new update... no new awards added. I heard a rumour that there may be some on the way though. Anyone care to comment?
LolaJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 02:15 PM   #260
vice-versa
whippet addict
vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura 6", Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Sage
I've had the juggernaut (10 000 pages turned, called "Titan" for the french version) yesterday about 3 months after I bought my Touch. There's only one left I can get (since there are "bugs" and that I'm not on Facebook, neither do I want to be there, in any case ) and I'll be through : I'll have to put more books in my reader, but everything will come in time...
vice-versa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 11:11 AM   #261
PiersS
Enthusiast
PiersS began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
I can confirm that on the Vox, reading HG Wells "The Time Machine" will not net you the Time Lord award..

/transmission ends
PiersS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 03:47 PM   #262
Xennex1170
Addict
Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiersS View Post
I can confirm that on the Vox, reading HG Wells "The Time Machine" will not net you the Time Lord award..

/transmission ends
Personally I always thought that the "Time Lord" award was tied into reading one or more "Dr. Who" ebooks. Doesn't work for the KT so can't comment much further than that. :P
Xennex1170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 05:26 PM   #263
lessthanyouthink
Connoisseur
lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: iPad / iPhone / Kobo Touch
The 'Time Lord' award has to do with having books from certain publishers, but is only available for the iOS app.
lessthanyouthink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 06:39 PM   #264
Xennex1170
Addict
Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by lessthanyouthink View Post
The 'Time Lord' award has to do with having books from certain publishers, but is only available for the iOS app.
So are those books "Time" or "Dr. Who" related somehow?
Xennex1170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 07:31 AM   #265
TurtleTots
TurtleTots began at the beginning.

Device: iphone

I'm using iPhone and iPad2

I should have Fanatic, but it's not appearing, although both Not an Open Book and Total Recall randomly appeared after I should have had them for months.

How do I get the following awards:
Game's Afoot
Sun, Sea, Sand, Kobo
Spirit of Portland
Time Lord (What publishers do you need?)
Magic Kobo eReader (I have tried using my iPad as a magic eight ball and ~nothing)
Sneaky Reads

TurtleTots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:20 AM   #266
sarasa1
Enthusiast
sarasa1 began at the beginning.

Device: KT and iPhone
Still having trouble with my classic attack award.. no idea how to increase it from 80%

Also, having bought and read both pretty little liars, and Dead Reckoning, i haven't got any new awards.. thought there was one attached to dead reckoning (which i rather enjoyed, btw!)

Does anyone know the criteria for the sookie stackhouse awards (i think there are more than one)

and the criteria for the pretty little liars awards (there are 4 of them).. caus i'm just a bit confused now!
sarasa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 05:03 PM   #267
Sharkus
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTots View Post

I'm using iPhone and iPad2

I should have Fanatic, but it's not appearing, although both Not an Open Book and Total Recall randomly appeared after I should have had them for months.

How do I get the following awards:
Game's Afoot
Sun, Sea, Sand, Kobo
Spirit of Portland
Time Lord (What publishers do you need?)
Magic Kobo eReader (I have tried using my iPad as a magic eight ball and ~nothing)
Sneaky Reads

As I'm in a very good mood, I'll be a little more forthcoming that usual

Game's Afoot = Purchase 5 mystery eBooks from publisher Soho Press

Sun, Sea, Sand, Kobo = purchase 1 book from the following publisher: Avalon, Fodor's, Healthy Travel Media, Blaze Travel Guides, Rough Guides, Rough Guides US, Lonely Planet Publications.

Spirit of Portland = Unlocked by purchasing 5 pop culture books from these publishers: Quirk, BenBella, Open Court

Time Lord = by purchasing 5 sci fi ebooks from publishers: Wizards of the Coast, Orbit, Tor (As for related to Doctor Who or Time, I don't think they are, I think it was more of looking for an easily identifiable SciFi icon and what better than a Tardis)

Magic Kobo eReader = Sorry, I'm going to be rather horrible and not reveal how to get that one. It is iOS only, and fairly well hidden.

Sneaky Reads = purchased 10 harlequin books

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarasa1 View Post
Still having trouble with my classic attack award.. no idea how to increase it from 80%

Also, having bought and read both pretty little liars, and Dead Reckoning, i haven't got any new awards.. thought there was one attached to dead reckoning (which i rather enjoyed, btw!)

Does anyone know the criteria for the sookie stackhouse awards (i think there are more than one)

and the criteria for the pretty little liars awards (there are 4 of them).. caus i'm just a bit confused now!
Sookie ones = You get one for having 1 Sookie book in your Library. You also get awards for finishing (complete and close the book) 2, 5 and 10 Sookie books

Pretty Little Liars = You get one if you have Twisted in your Library. You also get awards for finishing (complete and close the book) 3, 6, and 9 of the PLL books.

Aaaaannnddddd rest...
I think I've given out enough hints for today, hope they help (and hope no-one minds)

Last edited by Sharkus; 03-07-2012 at 05:09 PM.
Old 03-07-2012, 05:51 PM   #268
christina1700
christina1700 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo touch
I have highlighted a couple of passages and I have yet to get my inverted comma award. Am I doing something wrong?
christina1700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:19 AM   #269
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
I just can't seem to get Juggernaut, I had to do another factory reset (For the Beta) and that knocked it down to 55% again. Will I ever get it?

I know I've read about 20000 pages.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 02:07 PM   #270
vice-versa
whippet addict
vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura 6", Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by christina1700 View Post
I have highlighted a couple of passages and I have yet to get my inverted comma award. Am I doing something wrong?
The same for me... I highlighted, even took notes, but I can't get this one I'll try more notes or highlights, perhaps you need ten or more...
vice-versa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awards, reading life, touch