Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Kindle Books

Notices

Old 03-28-2010, 07:55 AM   #1
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Dudeney, Henry Ernest: The Canterbury Puzzles (Illustrated). v1. 28 March 2010

The Canterbury Puzzles
And Other Curious Problems
by Henry Ernest Dudeney

This unique book presents 110 of his puzzles—not as individual problems but as incidents in connected stories. The first 31 problems are posed by the pilgrims in Chaucer's Canterbury Tales; additional puzzles are presented using different characters in other venues. Full solutions. More than 150 illustrations.

Quote:
1907 PRESS OPINIONS ON "THE CANTERBURY PUZZLES."
"The Puzzles ... reach the limit of ingenuity and intricacy; and it is
well for the sanity of his readers that the author gives a list of
solutions at the end of the book."—Observer.
"Mr. Dudeney, whose reputation is world-wide as the puzzle and problem
maker of the age ... sure to find a wide circulation ... as attractive in
appearance as its contents are fascinating."—English Mechanic and World
of Science.
"It is matter for delight that Mr. Henry E. Dudeney has collected into a
volume those mysterious puzzles of his which have appeared in many
journals ... contains quite a number of ingenious new mental problems ...
a valuable introduction."—The Lady.
Source: PG EText-No. 27635 as retrieved by Gutebook and tweaked.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: prc Henry Ernest Dudeney - The Canterbury Puzzles.prc (6.09 MB, 438 views)
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 08:36 AM   #2
wayrad
Fanatic
wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HTC One M8
Wow, I remember borrowing a copy of that from one of my junior high school teachers, and deriving many hours of enjoyment from the puzzles.
wayrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2010, 11:23 AM   #3
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
I don't remember seeing this book or it's successor, Amusements in Mathematics, before converting them, even though I'm a Mathie (BMath, that is, from the University of Waterloo, Canada)!

I do remember devouring a similar-like book in high school called "A Collection of Programming Problems and Techniques" by H.A Maurer / M.R. Williams. ©1972 Prentice-Hall Inc.

This book was a MAJOR reason I majored in Computer Science. While my Accounting degree helps me pay the bills, my Math/Computer degree helps me be philanthropic with ebook software...

Last edited by nrapallo; 03-28-2010 at 11:27 AM.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote