Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-10-2013, 10:42 PM   #1
oncdoc
Addict
oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle, pocket pro
Kindle paperwhite 2 persistent page refreshing

I have it on default setting which is to not refresh each new page. But I get a flash nearly every time. Regardless of book and temperature in the room.

Faulty kindle paper-white 2 or wait for firmware?

Last edited by oncdoc; 10-10-2013 at 10:47 PM.
oncdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 09:40 AM   #2
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
If its doing it with all books and regardless of room temperature, it might be worth contacting Kindle support to query it with them, as those are the usual explanations for it happening more often than it should.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2013, 10:58 AM   #3
latepaul
Wizard
latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a variety (mostly kindles and kobos)
As I mentioned in another thread I think mine was doing this at first but it hasn't been since. I tried to see if I could reproduce it by flicking through the same book but it was fine, one refresh every 14 pages as per spec. I did think that I saw an issue where changing the setting didn't "take" but I haven't been able to reproduce that either, I might have got confused as to whether it was on or off at the time.

What's the connection with page refresh and temperature? I've not heard about that.
latepaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 11:03 AM   #4
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
I have Refresh set to off but do see a faint refresh on every page. I barely notice it. It may just be an attribute of the Paperwhites as it is present on my PW 2012 and PW 2013.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 11:39 AM   #5
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Quote:
Originally Posted by latepaul View Post
What's the connection with page refresh and temperature? I've not heard about that.
Sometimes the cold can have an effect. Someone posted an example in the thread just a few posts after you - here.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2013, 12:48 PM   #6
latepaul
Wizard
latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a variety (mostly kindles and kobos)
Thanks for that. Not sure how I missed that post. Oops.
latepaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:25 PM   #7
baggyrinkle
Early Adoptor
baggyrinkle 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.baggyrinkle 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.baggyrinkle 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.baggyrinkle 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.baggyrinkle 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.baggyrinkle 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.baggyrinkle 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.baggyrinkle 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.baggyrinkle 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.baggyrinkle 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.baggyrinkle 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: Kindle3 Kindle4 Kindle Fire Kindle PW2
On thing I noticed is that there is no page refresh while using the browser. Any one else notice this?
baggyrinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 11:51 PM   #8
techiegirl
Groupie
techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, iPad Mini, iPhone 6+
I'm noticing my PW2 refreshes every page too. This is annoying.
techiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 11:08 AM   #9
jswinden
Nameless Being

My PW2 is set to refresh every page, so that doesn't bother me with text pages. But I notice that it does have a tendency to do multiple (2 or 3) refreshes on pages with images or if the Page Nav window is displayed or closed. A single refresh I can understand, but 2 or 3 is rather annoying. The result of multiple (2 or 3) refreshes is a flickering screen.
Old 10-12-2013, 02:25 PM   #10
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
My PW2 is set to refresh every page, so that doesn't bother me with text pages. But I notice that it does have a tendency to do multiple (2 or 3) refreshes on pages with images or if the Page Nav window is displayed or closed. A single refresh I can understand, but 2 or 3 is rather annoying. The result of multiple (2 or 3) refreshes is a flickering screen.
Same here.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 02:35 PM   #11
Ocicat
Groupie
Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Librie,PRS900,950,K4, KT, PW1&2, KV
Settings set to NOT refresh every page turn, yet 1st day it was refreshing 2-3 times on Home page with Cover View.

I did a Restart and everything fine since.
Ocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 02:37 PM   #12
Maikax
Maikax began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch; iPad 1y.... ¡Kindle Paperwhite!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwaldron View Post
Same here.
Mine does the same and I order a replacement. Traducido con google, lo siento.
Maikax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 05:03 PM   #13
anthony81
thaumaturgist
anthony81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anthony81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anthony81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anthony81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anthony81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anthony81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anthony81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anthony81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anthony81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anthony81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anthony81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW1+2,K5,NST/NST Glow/Kobo Aura
Refreshing

Same problem here.. It doesn't matter if its side loaded or from the amazon store it will refresh every page for a random amount of pages then stop. After it stops the 14th page will be another refresh then the process starts all over again. Not sure what to do here....
anthony81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 05:09 PM   #14
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking
Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Pocketbook Era
That advice was for PW1 and it was my bug, not even reset helped. Somebody somewhere said you should leave your kindle open until light goes off by itself when it goes to sleep and it should fix the problem. Perhaps it will work for PW2. Mind you it concerns the refresh every page when it is set not to do so in settings.
Chi Cygni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:34 PM   #15
nicovdw
nicovdw began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2! Kindle 3, HTC One, iPad
I saw a review with a few comments on Amazon where someone found that this was happening with the Kindle in the official cover, but that it was not happening out of the cover.

Perhaps it is worth a quick test.
nicovdw is offline   Reply With Quote