Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 01-11-2013, 10:45 AM   #16
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
But can it be done without having to buy an app?
The app I quoted is free although there is a purchase option I am not using it.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:58 PM   #17
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Posting from safari on an iPad. If this image shows up then the whole premise of this thread was wrong. Perhaps the IP was thinking of an earlier version of iOS.

Dale
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	227.9 KB
ID:	99236  
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2013, 04:14 PM   #18
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Am I too late for this party? :-)

I posted few images (flea market) trying to sell wife's iPad 2. I used TapaTalk and iPad mini's cam and worked perfectly.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:00 PM   #19
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Posting from safari on an iPad. If this image shows up then the whole premise of this thread was wrong. Perhaps the IP was thinking of an earlier version of iOS.
So there is an image picker in Safari for iOS 6? I'm still on iOS 5 and the Upload buttons here in the forum interface cannot be tapped -- they are greyed out.
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:06 PM   #20
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabee View Post
Oh . . . Of course it won't work. Links shared with PUBLIC automatically download on PC and MAC browsers.
They also automatically download here on the iPad and iPhone, wannabe. You somehow didn't get the correct public link.

I have it saved in my Notes on the iPad/iPhone. My own public Dropbox link always begins like this:

Code:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/10440809/
I only need to attach the picture name to this (like photo1.jpg), and that's it! Images then display correctly everywhere.

(It's not the ideal method here in the forum, though, because a screenshot is extremely large in size. We need the regular Upload method, which automatically creates thumbnails here in the forum, see Dale's post.)
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2013, 08:45 PM   #21
wannabee
Media Bloke
wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iOS
Thanks Dale. I've just tried it on my phone which is OS6. It's a bit clumsy.
Lets see if I followed what you were saying.

I just previewed it and it looks OK.
So the short answer to my original post is iOS 5 doesn't use image picker very often in the apps so upgrade to 6.
Which my iPad wont do of course.

Oh.... And Faterson, your link tip to the public folder will be my main option so thanks very much for that.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	99247  

Last edited by wannabee; 01-11-2013 at 08:49 PM. Reason: Thank Faterson
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote