Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-18-2011, 01:18 PM   #1
DavidTC
Connoisseur
DavidTC began at the beginning.

Device: Nook, Boox C67ML
Post Send to device based on Metadata

So I've been trying to figure this out for some time, and I can't figure out what subforum it goes in, so I'm putting it here.

Calibre has system to automatically send 'News' generated via recipes to a device, and even delete them afterwards. There are other 'automatically send to device' plugins, like Reading Lists.

But there appears to be absolutely no plugin that would check all books (or just new books) for specific metadata and send them to the device.

I have a program that automatically generates an epub, and emails updated epubs out when the data changes, and I'd like the result to be treated like the News. Sent to a device and deleted. (I saw the 'download a single epub and unzip it and reimport it recipe', but that wouldn't really work in this situation.)

If that's not possible to treat it as 'News', I'd like it to at least be automatically sent to the device.

I understand why it might be some sort of security issue to allow any and all epubs to specify how they should be treated in Calibre, if I download one from a random site I don't expect it to be able to stick itself on an ereader without permission.

But surely there's some sort of sane middle ground, where I can specify a custom tag in Calibre meaning 'treat as news', or at least a tag meaning 'send to device'. (I thought the News tag might, as that does make it show up in News...but sadly that is all it does.)

Or possibly a plugin to do that...Reading List already does metatag, setting and clearing a specific tag when they get added to lists...but sadly you cannot do it backwards, add the tag and have it added to the list.
DavidTC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
automatic, metatags, news