Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 10-15-2011, 02:32 PM   #496
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Touch, EEE 800 Note, Entourage PE, finally M92
OK I tried that and yes it is sqllite 3 format
If you rename the file as indicated above you can see it in sqllite browser

There must be another file that contains more that
can you post a screen capture of the annotation ? Is is something highlighted or sketched ?
PF4Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 04:21 PM   #497
studiosus
studiosus doesn't litterstudiosus doesn't litter

Device: several devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by PF4Mobile View Post
OK I tried that and yes it is sqllite 3 format
If you rename the file as indicated above you can see it in sqllite browser

There must be another file that contains more that
can you post a screen capture of the annotation ? Is is something highlighted or sketched ?
There's one file more in .onyx folder (which is a sub-folder of the folder where the file sits). Please see attached (again renamed to .txt). This file also seems to consist some information about all the files existing in the folder.
Attached Files
File Type: txt .thumbs.db.txt (8.0 KB, 306 views)
studiosus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2011, 08:38 PM   #498
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by studiosus View Post
There's one file more in .onyx folder (which is a sub-folder of the folder where the file sits). Please see attached (again renamed to .txt). This file also seems to consist some information about all the files existing in the folder.
Hmmm
I don't think we have identified all the ingredients yet but we are getting close
Below you have the pictures of what is in those files
Is your firmware Chinese?
You did not indicate if these are annotations or highlights or sketches ...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	S002238161100048Xa.pdf.sketch.jpeg
Views:	400
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	77858   Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbs.db.txt.jpeg
Views:	357
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	77859  

Last edited by PF4Mobile; 10-15-2011 at 08:43 PM.
Old 10-16-2011, 05:02 AM   #499
studiosus

Quote:
Hmmm
I don't think we have identified all the ingredients yet but we are getting close
Below you have the pictures of what is in those files
Is your firmware Chinese?
You did not indicate if these are annotations or highlights or sketches ...
Just couple of highlights of the portion of a text. Firmware is English, I mean, the standard one.

Hmm, when I look at the .sketch file now, the it also seems to be ordering the highlights according the time taken - 1st highlight was made in p826 ("Economic development ... ..."), 2nd in p1 ("One particularly ... ...") and 3rd in p1 ("States have been shown to employ a wide array of tools to instill nationalism in their citizens").
Old 10-16-2011, 08:39 AM   #500
PF4Mobile
Guru

Quote:
Just couple of highlights of the portion of a text. Firmware is English, I mean, the standard one.

Hmm, when I look at the .sketch file now, the it also seems to be ordering the highlights according the time taken - 1st highlight was made in p826 ("Economic development ... ..."), 2nd in p1 ("One particularly ... ...") and 3rd in p1 ("States have been shown to employ a wide array of tools to instill nationalism in their citizens").
OK let's stick with highlights then.
I see that it creates a couple of additional files for each book file you read and highlight.
Can you search for all the files with the same name but different extension?
In this case it should be "S002238161100048Xa.*"
Advert
Old 10-16-2011, 04:46 PM   #501
studiosus

Quote:
OK let's stick with highlights then.
I see that it creates a couple of additional files for each book file you read and highlight.
Can you search for all the files with the same name but different extension?
In this case it should be "S002238161100048Xa.*"
Nope, that's it, no other files can be found...
Old 10-16-2011, 05:06 PM   #502
PF4Mobile
Guru

Quote:
Nope, that's it, no other files can be found...
I can't explain the chinese characters at the end of each line in thumbs.db file
they are identical, they are listed under large image

do you think you can add more annotations to the same file and post the two files shown above ? The pdf is not needed any more since it seems to be untouched
Old 10-21-2011, 08:30 AM   #503
Onyx Europe
Distributor
Onyx Europe is on a distinguished road

Device: Onyx Boox M91S
New and improved leather cover for the Boox M90

Onyx Europe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 05:59 PM   #504
anvala
anvala began at the beginning.

Device: none
I bought this piece of crap (boox m90). It came with an unofficial version of firmware (2011-10-20) and it's terrible. I wanted to use it for pdf viewing. That's working but no dictionary, no text to speech and many hang-up... It's almost useless!

After a day of usage I noticed that the pen is miscalibrated. I calibrated it a few times and it remained miscalibrated. The "calibrate stylus" option in the settings does nothing! I tried it with unambigously wrong points and it accepted and the calibration remained the wrong factory defaults! It misses almost half an cm at the left and right side of the screen.
anvala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 07:13 PM   #505
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by anvala View Post
I bought this piece of crap (boox m90). It came with an unofficial version of firmware (2011-10-20) and it92's terrible. I wanted to use it for pdf viewing. That's working but no dictionary, no text to speech and many hang-up... It's almost useless!

After a day of usage I noticed that the pen is miscalibrated. I calibrated it a few times and it remained miscalibrated. The "calibrate stylus" option in the settings does nothing! I tried it with unambigously wrong points and it accepted and the calibration remained the wrong factory defaults! It misses almost half an cm at the left and right side of the screen.
My suggestion - give it back and get you the new M92.
It is muuuch better than M90... I have both, so I know what I am talking about
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 11:52 PM   #506
BCotton
Connoisseur
BCotton doesn't litterBCotton doesn't litterBCotton doesn't litter

Device: Boox M90, Sony PRS-300, PB360+, HP Touchpad
Quote:
Originally Posted by anvala View Post
I bought this piece of crap (boox m90). It came with an unofficial version of firmware (2011-10-20) and it's terrible. I wanted to use it for pdf viewing. That's working but no dictionary, no text to speech and many hang-up... It's almost useless!

You could try installing the official firmware from September 2011. The pen works very well on my M90. I am satisfied with the way the device handles PDFs.
BCotton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 06:47 AM   #507
anvala
anvala began at the beginning.

Device: none
Today morning I went back to the shop and gave back my M90... It had so many bugs in the firmware (version 1.5.1 20111020) that it was almos unusable!
anvala is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
onyx boox, onyx boox m90