Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 10-26-2010, 07:54 PM   #1
ChineseGadgets
ChineseGadgets began at the beginning.

Device: SmartQ 5
Thumbs up SmartQ V3 review

I just finished my SmartQ V3 review. It's a MID with a 4.3" touchscreen with Android and Linux. Has a decent battery life and works fine as a pocketable and cheap e-book/comic book reader. FB Reader, Kindle etc all run fine.

SmartQ V3 Review

I got it from AllPMP for $109/€78, which is quite cheap.

I also received the SmartQ T7 (Android, 7" 800x600 touchscreen), which I will review next. If you want to have any questions or want to have anything covered/tested/recorded on video, just let me know.

ChineseGadgets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 07:20 AM   #2
bihor
bihor began at the beginning.

Device: smartq V3 soon in rubbish bin
don't even consider to buy this device , I have one , who has maximum 20 minutes of battery life even after updating firmware...
and seller from eletroworld just refusing to answer emails , my device beeing ready to be sent back but seller obviously prefering to refuse communication
bihor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 07:53 PM   #3
ChineseGadgets

So because you seem to have a faulty device, others shouldn't consider it?

I have had all SmartQ devices except the V7 and battery life was never an issue. Especially in Linux, it's pretty impressive. With Android, I recommend installing the unofficial firmware I mentioned in my review. It solves the 'Cell Standby' battery drain that plagues most Android tablets.

Hopefully Eletroworld will give you some decent support. I never did business with that webshop though.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:09 PM   #4
atm74
atm74 began at the beginning.

Device: none
I ordered this one from allpmp and it arrived defective with its battery bloated snapping off the back cover. I asked for a refund and the company isn't answering back. I filed a complaint in paypal and I have to wait until November 26, 2010. Will somebody help me on how to expedite my refund. Thanks.
atm74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 08:41 AM   #5
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Stay away from these cheap tablets. They're low end junk and will only cause grief.

Buy quality products from reputable dealers.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 12:59 AM   #6
ChineseGadgets

Quote:
Originally Posted by atm74 View Post
I ordered this one from allpmp and it arrived defective with its battery bloated snapping off the back cover. I asked for a refund and the company isn't answering back. I filed a complaint in paypal and I have to wait until November 26, 2010. Will somebody help me on how to expedite my refund. Thanks.
That sucks, the package must've been smashed pretty harshly, because the V3 is pretty damn solid (I dropped the V5 quite a few times). Any way, the guys at Allpmp quite slow sometimes. Have you already returned the device?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Stay away from these cheap tablets. They're low end junk and will only cause grief.

Buy quality products from reputable dealers.
Wait, aren't you the same guy who's complaining about the price of the higher end devices like the Galaxy Tab? These cheap devices are great if you just want to do some basic mailing, reading and browsing and don't want to spend a fortune. But I guess you're expecting a 1.2GHz Android 2.2 tablet with a 1024x600 capacitive AMOLED touchscreen for $200.

Besides that: Ubuntu/Linux on a 4.3" device is simply awesome.
Old 11-12-2010, 12:02 PM   #7
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChineseGadgets View Post
Wait, aren't you the same guy who's complaining about the price of the higher end devices like the Galaxy Tab? These cheap devices are great if you just want to do some basic mailing, reading and browsing and don't want to spend a fortune. But I guess you're expecting a 1.2GHz Android 2.2 tablet with a 1024x600 capacitive AMOLED touchscreen for $200.
I'm expecting a 7" 1024x600 capacitive multi-touch IPS LCD panel with 16 million colors running Android 2.1 @ 800MHz for $250. Oh wait, that's the Nook Color.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 08:30 PM   #8
atm74

Yup, I already returned the device and I had to shell out another $19 USD for it. All in all, I paid the device in full plus shipped it back and forth without nothing in my hands. Talk about fast shipping and customer service relations. The worst part, I asked for a refund and my email is re-directed to oblivion. All I want right now is a refund. Will some of the experts here help me please. I have aired this concern thru paypal and I have to wait until November 26, 2010 for it to be resolved. Does anybody here know how to expedite the process? I would really appreciate any help. Please experts who has a big voice to influence such an online store to clean up their act and prove their word. Up to now, I haven't heard from ALLPMP regarding my request for refund and all my emails go to none.
Old 11-21-2010, 08:18 PM   #9
atm74

November 22, 2010, until now I haven't received any communication from ALLPMP store about my refund. I paid the device in full, I paid the shipping and I paid more to ship it back. To all reading this post. I advise you not to buy from this online store. I have no item and I'm still waiting even just one email from this $*&%&^%*& store. I am pissed.