Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-07-2010, 11:24 AM   #1
HowardBrazee
Zealot
HowardBrazee began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Changing document directory

How do I change the directory where Calibre keeps my books?
HowardBrazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 11:37 AM   #2
Kindles
Kindles began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
In Calibre, there's a library tab on the menu, click on it then Switch/Create Library. There will be an option to move it to your prefered location.

I have another question though, how do we refresh the library if we have changed the "Save To Disk" properties so that my library will sort itself to the new specifications? Same goes for books already in my device, how do i refresh it so that they correspond to my current prefered sorting in "Save To Device"?

Edit: Opps sorry I seem to have misunderstood the function of Save To Disk

Last edited by Kindles; 11-07-2010 at 11:44 AM.
Kindles is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2010, 11:46 AM   #3
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindles View Post
I have another question though, how do we refresh the library if we have changed the "Save To Disk" properties so that my library will sort itself to the new specifications? Same goes for books already in my device, how do i refresh it so that they correspond to my current prefered sorting in "Save To Device"?
The answer to the first question is you don't. The folder structure inside the calibre library cannot be changed. The save to disk- template only influences the structure and filename written if you select books and save those to disk.
The second question: Delete the books currently on device and resend.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 11:59 AM   #4
Kindles
Kindles began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichean View Post
The answer to the first question is you don't. The folder structure inside the calibre library cannot be changed. The save to disk- template only influences the structure and filename written if you select books and save those to disk.
The second question: Delete the books currently on device and resend.
Thanks for your help. Good thing there's Kindle Collection Manager to redo my collections after the delete/resend.
Kindles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 05:48 PM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindles View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardBrazee View Post
How do I change the directory where Calibre keeps my books?
In Calibre, there's a library tab on the menu, click on it then Switch/Create Library. There will be an option to move it to your prefered location.
Quote:
The answer to the first question is you don't.
The answer to the first question as Kindles points out is to use the library icon to move the library to a new location.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2010, 05:50 PM   #6
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
The answer to the first question as Kindles points out is to use the library icon to move the library to a new location.
I was referring to the two questions in the post I quoted.
Old 11-07-2010, 06:16 PM   #7
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
I was referring to the two questions in the post I quoted.
Ooops! Give me a second to pull my head out....
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 06:49 PM   #8
Manichean
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
Ooops! Give me a second to pull my head out....
No problem
Old 11-08-2010, 12:18 AM   #9
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
I have to add my standard "read my .sig" here. Seriously, the post I link to does explain the whole business with calibre and its private files better than I can do it every time.

"Save to disk" really needs to be called something else. "Export to disk" maybe?
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote