Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-16-2020, 05:35 PM   #1
abradaxis
Enthusiast
abradaxis began at the beginning.

Device: amazon
Unhappy Cannot Move Library to New Computer

My wife is an avid reader of books, and depends on Calibre to maintain her library. I am now trying to move everything to a new Windows 10 computer. I installed Calibre on the new pc, and copied the entire library (some 4,000) volumes onto a usb drive, loaded it on the new computer, and attempted to install a new library by going to Calibre and ADD BOOKS->ADD FROM DIRECTORIES AND SUBDIRECTORIES->ASSUME ALL BOOKS IN A SINGLE DIRECTORY ARE NOT THE SAME FORMAT-> WITH "PRESERVE DATA AND CHECK FOR DUPLICATES AUTOMATICALLY" IN CONTROLS. Calibre read all 8,000 records on my usb drive and created a 4,000 record book directory by author name. However, most of the records had to books or formats, just author names. Some of the records had EPUB files, and some had EPUB and MOBI files, but most had OPF and JPEG Book Title Page records. I am missing the meat, which means EPUB or MONI files, the usual way they were downloaded. What am I doing wrong? The input directory on the USB had all the correct information, but my procedure does not produce a correct database. Really stumped! Any and all suggestions gratefully appreciated.
abradaxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 05:46 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
See https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...ter-to-another
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
library creation, missing books, missing formats