Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-28-2017, 01:11 PM   #1
omro
Addict
omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Pocket Articles on the New Home Page

hi,

Is there a way to get pocket articles to appear on the new home page or am I stuck going though the top left drop down menu?

Thanks!
omro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 10:33 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Yes and no. The bottom-right spot on the new home screen cycles shows different options. One of these is for pocket articles. It appears from time-to-time, but I don't know what the rules are or if there is a way to force it to appear.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2017, 10:06 AM   #3
coconutsoda
coconutsoda began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
If you tap and hold on the tiles on the home page, an option will come up to Dismiss this Tile. One you dismiss a few of them, Pocket will show up. I wish there was a way to customize that page. I have no interest in what Kobo thinks I might want to read...

Edited to add: I may have read your question wrong, but there is a See All option on the tile that appears on the home page.
coconutsoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 10:17 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coconutsoda View Post
If you tap and hold on the tiles on the home page, an option will come up to Dismiss this Tile. One you dismiss a few of them, Pocket will show up. I wish there was a way to customize that page. I have no interest in what Kobo thinks I might want to read...
That sounds like you have the old tiled home page. The new home page doesn't have any dismiss options.
Quote:
Edited to add: I may have read your question wrong, but there is a See All option on the tile that appears on the home page.
Again, the new home page doesn't work like this.
Old 05-11-2017, 08:48 PM   #5
coconutsoda
coconutsoda began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
New home page? I just got my Aura about a month ago and it's fully updated and I have the Dismiss option. What new home page do you speak of?
coconutsoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-11-2017, 09:16 PM   #6
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by coconutsoda View Post
New home page? I just got my Aura about a month ago and it's fully updated and I have the Dismiss option. What new home page do you speak of?
Under "Settings", press on "Device information". Check to see what "Software version" your device has.

If your device is not currently running 4.4.9298, then you may not have the newest home screen. It can take Kobo a while to roll out the latest update to everyone.

On the old home screen, it was possible to dismiss tiles. That does not seem to currently be the case with the newest home screen regardless of how long you press on the offending area.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 10:01 PM   #7
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
On the old home screen, it was possible to dismiss tiles. That does not seem to currently be the case with the newest home screen regardless of how long you press on the offending area.
Strictly speaking you can remove the home screen tiles for the books you are reading by a long press and then either mark as unread or remove. Admittedly, remove is not a great idea since it removes the tile by removing the book from your library.

This is from testing on a KA1 with 4.4.9298.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 10:26 PM   #8
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Strictly speaking you can remove the home screen tiles for the books you are reading by a long press and then either mark as unread or remove. Admittedly, remove is not a great idea since it removes the tile by removing the book from your library.
The remove action is context sensitive. It will pop-up a dialog asking where to remove it from. If you do it from the home screen, the choices are the home screen, the device and "My Books".
Old 05-11-2017, 11:08 PM   #9
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The remove action is context sensitive. It will pop-up a dialog asking where to remove it from. If you do it from the home screen, the choices are the home screen, the device and "My Books".
I only see that for the leftmost book on the home screen. The others pop up the same menu as a long press in My Books. After I removed the first book from the home screen using the long press, the book that moves into that position shows the same menu as the other positions.
Old 05-11-2017, 11:45 PM   #10
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I only see that for the leftmost book on the home screen. The others pop up the same menu as a long press in My Books. After I removed the first book from the home screen using the long press, the book that moves into that position shows the same menu as the other positions.
I'm seeing it for all four books. Except that it is different for purchased and sideloaded books. The choices I had before were for purchased books. For sideloaded it is on from home and My Books. And if I do remove a book from the home screen, the book that replaces it have the appropriate choices.
Old 05-12-2017, 12:10 AM   #11
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Quote:
I'm seeing it for all four books. Except that it is different for purchased and sideloaded books. The choices I had before were for purchased books. For sideloaded it is on from home and My Books. And if I do remove a book from the home screen, the book that replaces it have the appropriate choices.
Interesting. I've attached a couple of screenshots of what I see for an Overdrive library book and an sideloaded epub after I dismissed the first tile.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_002.png
Views:	236
Size:	892.8 KB
ID:	156679   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_003.png
Views:	274
Size:	931.0 KB
ID:	156680  

Last edited by DNSB; 05-12-2017 at 12:15 AM.
Old 05-12-2017, 04:17 AM   #12
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Interesting. I've attached a couple of screenshots of what I see for an Overdrive library book and an sideloaded epub after I dismissed the first tile.
Those make sense for the sources of the books. And the menu for the sideloaded book is the as mine. But, I've only been talking about what is on the remove prompt when you tap remove. Are you saying that you get different menu items for the different slots and whether you have removed a book from that slot?
Old 05-12-2017, 04:23 AM   #13
Karthiksugumar
Karthiksugumar began at the beginning.

Device: none
Marc Records

http://www.loc.gov/standards/marcxml//

We need to include Marc Records in our xml. Do you have experience with this?
Karthiksugumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 08:45 AM   #14
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:

This is from testing on a KA1 with 4.4.9298.
Could be my terminology. It used to be that I could dismiss virtually everything that showed up on my old home screen. However, when I long press on the selected author "tile"/area/button in the middle right section of the new home screen, nothing happens.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 09:51 AM   #15
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
Could be my terminology. It used to be that I could dismiss virtually everything that showed up on my old home screen. However, when I long press on the selected author "tile"/area/button in the middle right section of the new home screen, nothing happens.
Only the books in the top row can be removed from the home screen.