Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-26-2010, 11:54 AM   #1
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Kobobooks Discounts

Is anyone else taking advantage of kobobooks.com regular discounts? The current one is for $1 of most books from Aug 25 to Aug 27. See: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...56&postcount=1 for details.

I get these in my email on a regular basis. You are usually not restricted to just the discount list shown. I really like my Kobo and like to show support by buying books from them and the $1 discount is nice. Kobo also has titles I can't get at Amazon or happen to be more expensive.

So ... anyone else enjoying the discounts?
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 12:07 PM   #2
dmacmart
Fanatic
dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Glo, Arc, H2O, iPhone, iPad 2, (husband)Touch
Yes I am! I finally subscribed to their email list so I don't have to find the coupon codes here.
dmacmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2010, 01:05 PM   #3
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Well, since the HST kicked in and ebooks are taxed 13%, the coupons are pretty much equalizing it out to the price is was before...
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 01:59 PM   #4
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I think I have used every single one--even in Alberta, where we have only GST, no Provincial tax-- they are a great deal.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 06:31 PM   #5
moffattm
Addict
moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Glo
I got a $5 off offer from Kobo yesterday and I used it to buy a $4.99 book. Cool!
moffattm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2010, 10:03 PM   #6
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That $5 code didn't work for me, but the saveonebuck code for $1 worked multiple times for me today.
Old 08-27-2010, 03:30 AM   #7
HarleyB
Fanatic
HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (RIP), iPad, iPhone 4, Kobo Touch x2, Kobo Glo
It seems that kobo doesn't want to send me emails anymore? I have tried to subscribe again...
So thanks for letting me know about this.
Either I just spent about $50 or I saved $6!!
Whichever way I look at it I now have SIX new books to read.
HarleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 02:30 PM   #8
clintbradford
Older ... slower ...
clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo, Kindles 2/3/Keyboard/Fire/Fire HD, HDX.
A "dollar off" coupon usually doesn't get my attention. It SHOULD in these "economic times." But the Kobo buck offer didn't work on a couple titles I wanted (not the "highlighted" titles), so I kinda ignore the one dollar coupons any more.

The fine folks at eReader.com - I registered their software for my Palm devices way back when - send out 5% and 10% "e-coupons" in email regularly. Just not exciting.

But Kobo's five buck offer? That gets my attention. Seems that any offer that is at or above the price of a gallon of gas gets my attention ... Now gas is right at three bucks a gallon in Southern California.

I do have to admit (since we are private here) that Kobo has been responsible for me reading more fiction the past few months than I had for YEARS beforehand. My nightstand has computer books and mags, biographies, and other very non-fiction titles. But I have "explored" and purchased more fiction - from "majors" and from Smashwords and independent authors - and I am glad that I have experienced what I have with the Kobo.
clintbradford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 03:01 PM   #9
p_a_smith
Me, Myself, but not I
p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Acer 200, Asus FHD, Kobo Touch
The dollar coupon worked fine for me. Since I was going to buy the book I'm happy to save the buck!
p_a_smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 05:16 PM   #10
mwlcarter
Connoisseur
mwlcarter began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo eReader
I use the codes, and I've bought books I wouldn't have without them... I personally won't buy an ebook it's not cheaper than the softcover.

For those of you concerned about HST upping the price of your ebooks, join the fight to have Ontario treat ebooks equally to regular books:

http://canadianpoliticalaction.blogs...n-reading.html
mwlcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 07:03 PM   #11
taming
Trying for calm & polite

I just got a coupon for $2 off "2dollardeal":* Offer valid from August 27 at 12:00 AM through August 31 at 11:59 PM. This offer is not valid in conjunction with any other offer or promotion and cannot be used to adjust amount paid on previous purchases. Discount code is valid for $2.00 off all eBook purchases excluding eBooks from Hachette, Grand Central, Warner, and Little Brown. We reserve the right to change or end this offer at any time without notice.

I'm in Canada (not sure if that matters)
Old 08-27-2010, 07:05 PM   #12
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
If you buy books from the website, is there any way to pay for multiple purchases at one time? My wife seems to have to pay for each book individually...
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 07:29 PM   #13
p_a_smith
Me, Myself, but not I
p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Acer 200, Asus FHD, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
If you buy books from the website, is there any way to pay for multiple purchases at one time? My wife seems to have to pay for each book individually...
I know it seems strange but there isn't any sort of shopping cart that I can find on kobobooks.com. Best I can figure out (or get to work) is a book at a time.
p_a_smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 10:34 PM   #14
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
That $2 deal works for me too (I also got that e-mail, but not the $5 one). Good through Tuesday night ... so browse and shop!
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 10:54 PM   #15
leighisme
Connoisseur
leighisme began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch, iPhone 4, iPad2
Thanks to the 2 dollar coupon, I bought 10 books for 20 bucks.

God, I love coupons.
leighisme is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
discount, kobo books