Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-28-2010, 08:41 PM   #1
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
Millions of Kindles sold - Edgadget

I'll see if I can find the original source but Engadget is reporting that Jeff Bezos stated in the latest fiscal report that millions of people own Kindles.

ABC News is saying something similar but also includes that Amazon sells "six Kindle books for every 10 physical copies."

Last edited by TallMomof2; 01-28-2010 at 08:58 PM.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 08:59 PM   #2
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Interesting, and AT&T reported they activated around 1 million eReader devices last quarter (Oct-Dec), which includes Kindles, Nooks, and Sony's.
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2010, 08:04 AM   #3
Kali Yuga
Professional Contrarian
Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 No Touchie
More details (sorta) here: http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp...ReQaoHJqKl5m1A

Big holiday profits, the "6 out of 10 are ebooks" doesn't include free ebooks, 410k ebook titles....
Kali Yuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 03:57 PM   #4
CleverClothe
Guru
CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, Onyx Boox 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali Yuga View Post
More details (sorta) here: http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp...ReQaoHJqKl5m1A

Big holiday profits, the "6 out of 10 are ebooks" doesn't include free ebooks, 410k ebook titles....
Actually 6/16, ~37.5%.
CleverClothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 04:00 PM   #5
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
I wish Amazon gave real sales figures, instead of vague statement.... however.... they have sold a bunch, and that's good for everyone

Millions is a good number, and I hope they sell millions more.....
Bremen Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2010, 04:25 PM   #6
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bremen Cole View Post
I wish Amazon gave real sales figures, instead of vague statement.... however.... they have sold a bunch, and that's good for everyone

Millions is a good number, and I hope they sell millions more.....
Me too - right after they convert to ePub. That might lower their Kindle sales but should vastly increase their eBook sales.
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 04:28 PM   #7
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Jeff Bezos said they may never release actual sales figures, for competitive reasons.

That is why I find the AT&T numbers so interesting-similar to how they release iPhone activation numbers, which gives a different view of iPhone sales.
Old 01-29-2010, 05:29 PM   #8
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsvick View Post
Me too - right after they convert to ePub. That might lower their Kindle sales but should vastly increase their eBook sales.
Good point... I have bought a few books from them and stripped the DRM (of course) but that Topaz keeps me from buying more. I would like to give them money, but they don't seem to want it. Kobo, BookOnBoard,Smashwords...etc... they seem to want my money, so I give it to them instead.

Oh, and ATT is only the US. The iPhone is global, so the sales figures can't really be tied to a US carrier....
Bremen Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 05:37 PM   #9
kjk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bremen Cole View Post

Oh, and ATT is only the US. The iPhone is global, so the sales figures can't really be tied to a US carrier....
That's what makes the numbers interesting Apple announces total iPhone sales, but doesn't always break them up by region.