Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 02-11-2011, 07:03 AM   #61
NickSpalding
Addict
NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Haven't bumped this thread in a while...so, you know... bump.
NickSpalding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 12:06 PM   #62
NickSpalding
Addict
NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Had another six (count 'em) reviews of Life... With No Breaks since the last update. Here's excerpts from all of them:

"This book reminded me of many a pleasant evening I've spent with friends in the front room reminiscing over a bottle of wine on adolescence, mistakes made, disastrous relationships, bad decisions, regrets and impulse purchases!! As I sat on the bus reading this there were moments where I felt Nick was sitting next to me and including me in his late night thoughts, early morning philosophies and future wishes."

"I downloaded this book after following Nick Spalding's discussion thread in the Kindle forum. I thought it might be one of those books that doesn't live up to the hype but I was pleasantly surprised. The book is laugh-out-loud funny, heartwarming and sometimes almost uncomfortably intimate. I found myself alternating between sympathy, agreement, disgust (readers will know which part that was!) and snorting with laughter."

To have written such a readable book in just 30 hours is an immense achievement, and I am sure I'm not the only one wondering what is next from this author."

"I really found myself entering into the spirit of the thing. I was talking back to him as if he could hear me. (under my breath of course - i'm not stupid!). Not that it was all sweetness and light though. At several points I was, let's say, a bit uncomplimentary about what he had written, and its a good thing he couldn't hear me. Other bits were very funny and some bits got a 'Yeah, me too!' But isn't that what a conversation is all about?"

"This book is a brilliantly written story about Nick's life. He encapsulates the reader into the story by talking to the reader like they are his "friend". Life... with no breaks is a simple, quirky and funny read, brilliant to come home to after a long days work."

"I didn't really know what to expect. A guy at the keyboard in one sitting. Surely it would be a bit random. Yep, but great with it. We end up with an autobiography covering the highs, lows and humorous points in a great little package. Some parts were genuinely moving. Others provoked the "let me just read you this" response. All of it was readable."

"I have just spent a few nights with my baby on the childrens ward and was told to keep the noise down i laughed that loud i found it an easy read and the most comical book i have ever read, if this book doesnt hold a 5star rating it would be tragic x"

Links below!
Old 03-21-2011, 04:14 PM   #63
NickSpalding
Addict

Bestselling author calls Life… With No Breaks ‘hilarious’ and me a b*st*rd!

Getting a positive review or endorsement for Life... With No Breaks is always a great boost, but when it comes from the best selling British writer on Amazon UK, it’s even better!

Stephen Leather is a crime and thriller writer whose hard hitting books have taken the Amazon charts by storm. There are currently three in the top twenty as I write this. He’s had the kind of impact in the UK that the likes of Joe Konrath and Amanda Hocking are having in the US.

Colour me delighted then when he said this about Life… With No Breaks:

“You have to admire any writer who can produce a book as hilarious as this in just over a day. B*st*rd!”

You can buy the book that made a best selling author swear at me here:

Amazon UK £1.75, Amazon US, Smashwords $2.80

And you can find out more about Stephen Leather’s books here: www.stephenleather.com
Old 04-17-2011, 03:11 PM   #64
NickSpalding
Addict

Hi folks,

Just a quick post to reveal the name and cover for my new book Life... On A High.

It's the sequel to Life... With No Breaks and will be released at the beginning of May.

Thanks very much!

Nick

[image too large - deleted == MODERATOR]

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 04-17-2011 at 09:29 PM.