Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-16-2010, 04:16 PM   #1
mpetry
mpetry began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Detecting device

I cannot connect my device to caliber -- I have tried my iPhone, my kindle and my iPad. It simply says device not detected. The devices are plugged into a USB port and the iPhone and iPad are recognized by iTunes. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
mpetry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 06:56 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
iPhone and iPad are not recognised directly by Calibre. The Kindle should be.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-16-2010, 07:58 PM   #3
mpetry
mpetry began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
The user manual indicates it should:

How do I use calibre with my iPhone?¶
First install the Stanza reader on your iPhone using iTunes.

•Set the Preferred Output Format in calibre to EPUB (The output format can be set under Preferences->General)
•Convert the books you want to read on your iPhone to EPUB format by selecting them and clicking the Convert button.
•Turn on the Content Server in calibre‘s preferences and leave calibre running.
Now you should be able to access your books on your iPhone by opening Stanza. Go to “Get Books” and then click the “Shared” tab. Under Shared you will see an entry “Books in calibre”. If you don’t, make sure your iPhone is connected using the WiFi network in your house, not 3G. If the calibre catalog is still not detected in Stanza, you can add it manually in Stanza. To do this, click the “Shared” tab, then click the “Edit” button and then click “Add book source” to add a new book source. In the Add Book Source screen enter whatever name you like and in the URL field, enter the following:

But I can't get it to recognize the iphone
mpetry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 09:05 PM   #4
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
The iPhone and iPad will not be recognized by calibre. You can access your calibre library on the iPhone and iPad by using Stanza.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
device detection