Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-06-2009, 06:31 AM   #1
plunderydoo
Enthusiast
plunderydoo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.plunderydoo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.plunderydoo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.plunderydoo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.plunderydoo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: WinMobile, Hanvon N516 w. OpenInkPot, eLyricon EBX-500, Iphone 3GS
Little Help with Metadata from Filename needed

Hi everybody,

i want to import some series of ebooks.
So far have a almost working Regex:
(?P<series>[^_]+) - book (?P<series_index>[0-9]*) - (?P<author>[^_-]+) - (?P<title>.[^_]+)

the Filename would be: Seriesname - booknr 0000 - bookauthor - booktitle

The thing which is not working properly ist the number.
Instead of importing four digits to Series index I always end up with two digits divided by a dot.

I.e. instead of 0007 it imports 7.0

I have found this: {series_index:0>3s} in another thread, but i always get errors when trying using it.

Hope thats somebody got an Idea, because for my opinion calibre is the most usefull ebooktool around and i would really like to use it.

Thanks a lot

PL
plunderydoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 06:51 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
I suspect everything is working exactly as it should. In Calibre the series is now stored in the form x.xx. This was introduced as a result of many requests to allow books to be inserted in series between the existing entries.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2009, 07:14 AM   #3
plunderydoo
Enthusiast
plunderydoo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.plunderydoo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.plunderydoo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.plunderydoo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.plunderydoo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Hello itimpi,

thanks for the fast response.

That makes sense.

Is there still a way to fill up the first three digits to have a numbering like 0000.0 ?
I have tried multiple [0-9] but this have no effect.

Best regards
PL
Old 09-06-2009, 07:57 AM   #4
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
I do not believe so when storing the values in the Calibre metadata.

It is possible to get the leading zeroes added when using the "Save To Disk" option. I remember it being mentioned in another thread, but I cannot remember exactly how it was done.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 08:34 AM   #5
plunderydoo
Enthusiast

Hello itimpi,

the numbering changes to normal (without dot) when i turn of in settings the roman numbering.

Thanks anyway

cu
PL
Advert