Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-18-2009, 05:59 AM   #1
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
Updated List of Kindle 2 Screensavers

This is an updated list of the Kindle 2 screensavers:

00 - Kindle definition with falling letters
01 - Lazuli Finch, Crimson-Necked Bull-Finch, Grey-Crowned Linnet, Cow-Pen Bird, Evening Grosbeak, Brown Longspur by John James Audubon
02 - Virginia Woolf
03 - Jules Verne
04 - Unknown illuminated medieval manuscript
05 - Janes Austen
06 - Harriet Beecher Stowe
07 - Emily Dickinson
08 - Illustration of constellations Ophiuchus and Hercules (possibly by Johannes Kepler?)
09 - Oscar Wilde
10 - 17th-century Polish astronomers Johannes and Elisabetha Hevelius using a six-foot brass sextant
11 - James Joyce
12 - Mark Twain
13 - After Giovanni Francesco Barbieri, called Il Guercino, The Samian Sybil, inscribed lower left: Salve Casta / Syon Permv- / Ltaqve Passa / Pvella / Sybilla Samia
14 - John Milton
15 - Lewis Carroll
16 - John Steinbeck
17 - Edgar Allan Poe
18 - Erasmus of Rotterdam by Hans Holbein
19 - St. Jerome dans sa cellule by Albrecht Dürer
20 - Portrait of Albert of Brandenburg by Albrecht Dürer
21 - Charlotte Brontë
22 - Villa Almerico-Capra (aka Villa Capra, Villa La Rotonda, or The Rotunda) by Andrea Palladio
23 - Agatha Christie
24 - Alexandre Dumas
25 - Kindle 2 feedback request with old adding machine
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 01:51 PM   #2
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
That seems to be pretty much what we have on Kindle 1
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2010, 05:13 PM   #3
sorin
Connoisseur
sorin began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
For Kindle 3:

1. Kindle Definition
2. Birds
3. Virginia Woolf
4. Jules Verne
5. Lindisfarne Gospels
6. Jane Austen
7. Ralph Ellison
8. Harriet Beecher Stowe
9. Emily Dickinson
10. Ophiuchus and Snake
11. Johannes and Elisabetha Hevelius
12. Mark Twain
13. Sybilla Persica
14. Fishes
15. John Steinbeck
16. Erasmus – by Hans Holbein (1523)
17. St. Ieronim - by Dürer
18. Albert de Hohenzollern – by Albrecht Dürer (1519)
19. Charlotte Brontë
20. Villa Almerico-Capra
21. Agatha Christie
22. Alexandre Dumas
23. Old adding machine

via dunedenisip

Last edited by sorin; 09-18-2010 at 05:24 PM.
sorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 05:31 PM   #4
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
I wonder how it works because numbers 1-9 and a few others I seem to get free all the time on my Kindle 3 but the rest I hardly ever see.

I know many people dislike them but I love mine especially Jane Austen and Agatha Christie.

I can't understand why Amazon are hell bent on forcing customers to use these screensavers though - why?
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 08:22 AM   #5
diokdin
Groupie
diokdin began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 4, Astak EZ Pocket Pro, Kindle 3 3G
I wish they let us customize our own screensaver without hacking our Kindle's. I don't want to see pictures of dead people, even though they are renowned dead authors. I feel like I'm being haunted by these old, unsmiling dead people. I don't wanna feel stuck with just all that screensaver, I want my own. At least give us an option. You know? Think Amazon will allow us this thru update at least?

Note: No offense intended...
diokdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert