Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 08:13 AM   #61
Mort1997
Wizard
Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony various , Voyage, Oasis, K3, K4T,Nook Glow+Kobo Aura/H2O/One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Blue View Post
Port of Sorrow is showing $3.99 when you click the US link.
I am in the UK and when I clicked on it it says Kindle edition $0.00 -with the message on the buy section about shopping in the UK - Don't know what is going on here! _ I shall delete the link just in case
Old 10-17-2013, 11:32 AM   #62
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mort1997 View Post
Free Today on Amazon - Strong Spirits by Alice Duncan
'It's the 1920s and Daisy Gumm Majesty is doing her part to support her family as a medium by holding séances and interpreting tarot cards for the rich and famous.
When the wealthy Mrs. Kincaid comes to Daisy to help solve her husband's disappearance, Detective Sam Rotondo isn't far behind.
Sam isn't fooled by Daisy's choice of "vocation" and blackmails her into spying on the Kincaids.
Then Daisy reads Sam's cards... and the tables turn.'

UK
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Strong-Spiri...362247031_f_85

US
http://www.amazon.com/Strong-Spirits...s=alice+duncan
AHA!!!! You've solved my long lost mystery I posted in the "What was the name of that book thread" https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=457
Advert
Old 10-17-2013, 12:51 PM   #63
Mort1997
Wizard
Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by melmac View Post
AHA!!!! You've solved my long lost mystery I posted in the "What was the name of that book thread" https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=457

You are most welcome - I hate it when that happens!
Old 10-17-2013, 12:54 PM   #64
mitford13
Guru
mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air2, Fire HD10, Paperwhite, Kobo App
Free on Amazon:

The Quiet Assassin by Thomas Kirkwood

From Original Book-of-the-Month Club Edition:

Here is a truly original thriller, comparable to the very best of vintage Le Carré. It is set behind the Berlin Wall in the heart of the East German police state and it features one of the most unique and winning heroines since Lucy in Ken Follett's Eye of the Needle. Her name is Käte Frassek, a resistance fighter since the age of eighteen, who over the course of twenty years leads a double life in her courageous campaign to rouse her countrymen to revolt against their repressive regime. She is a wife, a mother, a scientist, a lover... and an assassin. Against a backdrop of the Cold War in the 1960s, an abiding love develops between Käte, while still the young wife of an East German official, and an American physician innocent of who she is and what she is doing...
Old 10-17-2013, 01:11 PM   #65
mitford13
Guru
mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air2, Fire HD10, Paperwhite, Kobo App
Looks like Port of Sorrow is free in the US now:

Port of Sorrow by Grant McKenzie
Advert
Old 10-17-2013, 06:22 PM   #66
bfisher
Wizard
bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Galaxy (Aldiko, Kobo app)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitford13 View Post
Free on Amazon:

The Quiet Assassin by Thomas Kirkwood

From Original Book-of-the-Month Club Edition:

Here is a truly original thriller, comparable to the very best of vintage Le Carré. It is set behind the Berlin Wall in the heart of the East German police state and it features one of the most unique and winning heroines since Lucy in Ken Follett's Eye of the Needle. Her name is Käte Frassek, a resistance fighter since the age of eighteen, who over the course of twenty years leads a double life in her courageous campaign to rouse her countrymen to revolt against their repressive regime. She is a wife, a mother, a scientist, a lover... and an assassin. Against a backdrop of the Cold War in the 1960s, an abiding love develops between Käte, while still the young wife of an East German official, and an American physician innocent of who she is and what she is doing...
Thanks very much - just got it for CDN$0.00 at amazon.ca
http://www.amazon.ca/Quiet-Assassin-.../dp/B004I43OBQ
Old 10-17-2013, 06:25 PM   #67
bfisher
Wizard
bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Galaxy (Aldiko, Kobo app)
Quote:

Thanks, also free at amazon.ca
http://www.amazon.ca/Port-of-Sorrow-ebook/dp/B00B1VA1C4
Old 10-18-2013, 09:17 AM   #68
LSM
LSM can program the VCR without an owner's manual.LSM can program the VCR without an owner's manual.LSM can program the VCR without an owner's manual.LSM can program the VCR without an owner's manual.LSM can program the VCR without an owner's manual.LSM can program the VCR without an owner's manual.LSM can program the VCR without an owner's manual.LSM can program the VCR without an owner's manual.LSM can program the VCR without an owner's manual.LSM can program the VCR without an owner's manual.LSM can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: nook
Quote:

For those that prefer epub format, BN has it too

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/port...=2940044545823
Old 10-19-2013, 03:37 PM   #69
Mort1997
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
Thanks for that one Melmac

I haven't heard of this author so I'll give him a try. Have you read him before?

Melmac have you found a way of finding Aus mystery/espionage etc authors on Amazon? I'm a total failure at it
I don't know about searching for Austalian authors but Peter Temple books are cheap on the UK site (56p - price matching with Nook UK October sale). Hope this helps
Old 10-19-2013, 09:32 PM   #70
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Thank you Mort

I saw the Peter Temple series on tv earlier this year - but it hadn't dawned on me to get the books!

My local library's got them all ... but Amazon wants to charge Aus between11 and 15 for 'em .... you've gotta be jokin'!!!

Anyway - library's free

Edit

And Kobo wants $17.79 for each one ... are they on crack or what!!!!

Last edited by Lynx-lynx; 10-19-2013 at 09:37 PM.
Old 10-19-2013, 10:25 PM   #71
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Quote:
Thank you Mort

I saw the Peter Temple series on tv earlier this year - but it hadn't dawned on me to get the books!
Just a note that the ABC have also filmed another Peter Temple novel called Broken shore it will be screening next year and also the third Jack Irish, Dead Point. I really enjoy watching book adaptations but prefer to read the novel first however I'm a bit behind on these so I better get reading quick, I've had the Broken Shore in my library for eons.
Old 10-20-2013, 03:46 AM   #72
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for the Broken Shore info Melmac, Amazon UK's a bargain
Old 10-20-2013, 10:22 PM   #73
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I'm reading Broken Shore next year as my intro to Peter Temple. He is so well-represented in Australian eLibraries that there is no shortage of material. The Phryne Fisher mysteries by Kerry Greenwood are also quite popular. I can often find the first, Cocaine Blues for free or very cheap at various sites. They are also well-represented in Australian eLibraries.

A bit OT, but if you like crime/mystery from an Australian point of view, you could also try Vicki Tyley. She's indie, but quite well-regarded. I've read a couple of her novels which I reviewed on my site. The books are definitely of publishable quality. You're not going to find typos and poor expression and the price is right so the risk is small.
Old 10-21-2013, 03:43 AM   #74
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...

Caleb unfortunately my local library doesn't have any of Temple's books in eformat, but they do have then in audio and also some of them video format. (I've since picked up some of the ebooks from Amazon UK for US$2 and under)

I started Tyley's Thin Blood, but her style wasn't for me.

I've enjoyed Greenwood's Phyrne Fisher mysteries over the years, and particularly enjoyed this latest one, Murder and Mendelssohn - but again no eformat at my library. (sigh)
Old 10-21-2013, 05:01 AM   #75
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Caleb unfortunately my local library doesn't have any of Temple's books in eformat, but they do have then in audio and also some of them video format. (I've since picked up some of the ebooks from Amazon UK for US$2 and under)

I started Tyley's Thin Blood, but her style wasn't for me.

I've enjoyed Greenwood's Phyrne Fisher mysteries over the years, and particularly enjoyed this latest one, Murder and Mendelssohn - but again no eformat at my library. (sigh)
Sorry to hear that Lynx-lynx. I'm tripping over Peter Temple and Kerry Greenwood in Melbourne. I scouted a number of e-Libraries that allowed non-local members and then joined all that I could. My local doesn't even have an e-Library so it was either be aggressive or do without and I chose the former. Not sure if that's an option for you where you are, or whether you've already tried that approach, but just thought I'd throw it out there.
Closed Thread