Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-02-2013, 08:27 AM   #31
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I spent my time on the train how and worked out what the problem is. And, as I expected, it is simple and obvious.

To get the metadata from a book, a MetadataReaderPlugin is needed. To test this, I added KEPUBMetadataReader as a sub-class of EPUBMetadataReader. Because the kepubs we are looking a are really epub2 files, there isn't anything extra needed. There probably should be a KEPUBMetadataWriter as well, but I haven't tried that.

I suppose this should be added as part of the KepubOutput/Extended driver package. But, I have attached the KEPUBMetadataReader plugin I created so others can check that it works.
Attached Files
File Type: zip KEPUBMetadataReader.zip (617 Bytes, 122 views)
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 08:43 PM   #32
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I have raised and fixed issue https://bugs.launchpad.net/calibre/+bug/1221035. This should be in the next calibre release. This only a partial fix for this problem. It fixes the corruption that is happening when the kepub file is copied to the library. But, it is copied and added as an ePub. To have it added as a kepub needs extra function added to calibre.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert