Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 12:30 PM   #1
Brixie
Brixie began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
New and need help

Hello, I've been using Calibre for awhile but probably have only used the basic features. I want to learn more about it now as my book collection is expanding.

I'm a mother of four grown children, have 3 small dogs and 3 parrots! I enjoy horror stories and lots of fiction. My favorite author is Stephen King. I am currently reading Justin Cronin's The Passage.

I bought a Kindle last year and am enjoying reading e-books now as opposed to paper books. Now that my library is getting really big I am confused on how to keep things organized. I read that Calibre make a copy when I add the book, Does this mean I can throw out the old copy? I donn't want to lose my books and ideally want a way to organize my collection and make back ups to an external hard drive. I tried using the search function and wasn't successful in finding my way. Is there a thread that covers this well that anyone could direct me to?
Old 04-15-2013, 12:42 PM   #2
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Welcome to the boards You may want to try posting your question in the Calibre forum.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=166
Advert
Old 04-15-2013, 12:49 PM   #3
Brixie
Brixie began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Thanks! As you can see I am a little lost!
Old 04-15-2013, 02:49 PM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Go to FORUMS.

As you can see, we have MANY forums.

Go to KINDLE.

Or go to CALIBRE.

Don
(Moderator)
Closed Thread