Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-05-2012, 09:41 PM   #1
hobbescalvin1
hobbescalvin1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Kobo Touch + Calibre: #Metadata Problems

Hi,

I recently purchased a Kobo Touch and have been try to use Calibre to upload books from my collection to the ereader.

The problem I'm having has to do with the metadata, specially the cover art. When I change the cover art in Calibre and send the book to the device, the new cover art does not show up on Calibre.

If anyone could provide some assistance as to how to correct this problem, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks
hobbescalvin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:06 PM   #2
Nietzsche
Philosopher
Nietzsche began at the beginning.

I have the same issue. One solution I found is to delete the book on the device first. And then reload the book completely from Calibre. It should work.
Nietzsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2012, 10:10 PM   #3
hobbescalvin1

I've tried that a couple times, but it has not work. I shall try once again. Thanks for the tip. Does anyone else have any other solutions?
Old 03-05-2012, 10:29 PM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbescalvin1 View Post
I've tried that a couple times, but it has not work. I shall try once again. Thanks for the tip. Does anyone else have any other solutions?
What Nietzsche says is the way to do it. Unfortunately, the KT doesn't do anything with updated books. If it finds a new book (one not in its database), it adds it to the database and generates cover images. It doesn't do this if the ebook is replaced with a newer on.

Rereading what Nietzsche said, make sure you are using the KT menus to delete the book. Then connect the KT and copy the new file over.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:34 PM   #5
Nietzsche
Philosopher
Nietzsche began at the beginning.

Hmmm. Can you share in detail how you are replacing your book covers on calibre?
Nietzsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2012, 10:42 PM   #6
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Deleted.

Last edited by The Terminator; 03-06-2012 at 11:10 AM.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 03:03 AM   #7
Koboyashi
Zealot
Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
An easy way to replace covers. One can also fix/alter a lot of other things (TOC, margins etc.).
Koboyashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:19 AM   #8
super_coo
super_coo began at the beginning.

I updated/changed some book covers last night that were already on my device and still on my computer. I modified the ones on the computer then selected those and put send to device and that seemed to work for me. I wasn't sure if it would give me 2 copies of the same book but it didn't.
super_coo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 11:39 AM   #9
Matth79
Zealot
Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

In calibre, it seems some books that show a basic cover, do not have it set properly - after changin the cover in Calibre, if you try to take the cover image from the format, it is corrupted - I've seen this on a couple from PG.
Turning cover image semantics off and back on in Sigil, generally makes the cover setting take.

Might try that other option, if it can fix the iffy ones in a single step.
Matth79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 10:54 PM   #10
hobbescalvin1

Thanks for all the suggestions. The solution that seemed to work for me was converting the epub file to epub again in Calibre. Thanks again.