Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 11:37 PM   #1
roadtrash
roadtrash began at the beginning.

Device: color nook
I want my gigs back

I searched and couldn't find anything relevant. I got a color nook running CyanogenMod 7 from a 16 gig sdcard. I didn't partition the card before putting the image on it, I'm thinking I should have. Anyway, how can I utilize the space that is left over for storage. My windows computer will not even recognize it as mass storage when I hook it up via USB

I removed my sdcard and put it in my windows computer and ran disk management. It showed 4 partitions. 1 boot, two small, and a 13 gig partitions. I tried to format the large partition but windows wouldn't let me

I'm new to the nook, but not to modding. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 10-04-2011, 12:47 AM   #2
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
Cross-posting is generally frowned upon on internets

You provided more info here than in your other post--it sounds like your card was fine to start out, though you may have hosed it by attempting to format. Windows will only see the first partition, the boot partition of your card. The only reason to try to access your card via a card reader after it is set up is to put an update on the boot partition. If you put the card in your NC, boot into CM7, and connect via USB, your storage partition will show up just fine (assuming you didn't hose it with the format).
Advert
Old 10-04-2011, 01:27 AM   #3
roadtrash

Quote:
Originally Posted by taosaur View Post
Cross-posting is generally frowned upon on internets

You provided more info here than in your other post--it sounds like your card was fine to start out, though you may have hosed it by attempting to format. Windows will only see the first partition, the boot partition of your card. The only reason to try to access your card via a card reader after it is set up is to put an update on the boot partition. If you put the card in your NC, boot into CM7, and connect via USB, your storage partition will show up just fine (assuming you didn't hose it with the format).

I don't consider this a cross post, one was a post in an old thread, this is a new thread. I know the internets is serious business but... /digress

I didn't format anything

Did you pick up on the part where I said. "My windows computer will not even recognize it as mass storage when I hook it up via USB."

Thanks
Old 10-04-2011, 01:36 AM   #4
roadtrash

When I boot into CM7, and connect via USB Nothing shows up
Old 10-04-2011, 01:46 AM   #5
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Did you go into notifications (green arrow in broken circle button), hit USB Connected, and Turn on USB Storage?
Advert
Old 10-04-2011, 01:59 AM   #6
roadtrash

thanks I'm a idiot , check the obvious first

nooob thread I'm out
Old 10-04-2011, 04:00 AM   #7
taosaur
intelligent posterior

No worries, it's one of the #1 things new people miss (including me back in the day).
Old 10-05-2011, 04:54 PM   #8
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadtrash View Post
I don't consider this a cross post, one was a post in an old thread, this is a new thread. I know the internets is serious business but... /digress

I didn't format anything

Did you pick up on the part where I said. "My windows computer will not even recognize it as mass storage when I hook it up via USB."

Thanks

Whether one is an old thread or a new thread, what you have done is called "cross-posting." Additionally, you might wish to acquire some manners when addressing our community.

We welcome you back, but next time please do not cross-post.

You have your answer, so this thread is now closed.

Don
(Moderator)

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 10-05-2011 at 04:58 PM.
Closed Thread