Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 03-11-2011, 11:20 PM   #1
juli
juli began at the beginning.

Device: iTouch
Red face Text toEpub issues... idea converts to ie.

I am a brand new user and having a weird issue.

When I convert a text file (UTF-8) using Kate or editplus or any number of editors strange things happen to the words edge and idea. They become eg. and ie.. Has anyone else seen this ?

Also am I out of luck at having Calibre add the author name (text file again) or will I always have to that manually? I have read the 'expressions' posts but must admit I have no idea if there is something there I am missing. I did search this issue in the forums as well but didn't see a mention of this problem.

Any help would be appreciated.
juli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 01:15 AM   #2
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
That's a bug - turn off the 'italicize common cases' option under heuristics.

What's weird is I could have sworn I checked in a fix for that bug - are you using the latest version of Calibre?
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2011, 08:05 AM   #3
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
The fix is still present in the latest version.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote